Part 5

We are at the hospital. In his room, Rhodey lies inside an CT-scanner. He's in a blue gown covering his body. My dad is pacing around the room until he goes up to Vision.

"How did this happen?" My dad asks.

"I became distracted," Vision replies.

"I didn't think that was possible."

"Neither did I." My dad looks at Rhodey one more time before leaving. I look at Vision.

"It's not your fault," I say. He turns to see me looking at him.

"If I was paying attention-"

I cut him off and say, "This wouldn't have happened? This stuff happens for a reason. It's going to be okay. I promise." Vision smiles at me. Then he gives me a hug. I hug him back.

"Can you check up on Wanda for me please? They won't let me see her but if you say it's for work, they'll let you in." He asks.

"Of course." We let go of each other and I walk out the door to see my dad.

"Hey, you ready to go?" He asks.

"Where?" I ask.

He leads me to a chopper and we both get on. He start flying over a stormy sea in the chopper while my dad looks at surveillance images on a tablet computer.

"The Task Force called for a psychiatric as soon as Barnes was captured. The UN dispatched Dr. Theo Broussard from Geneva  within the hour. He was met by this man," F.R.I.D.A.Y. says explaining to my dad.

"Did you run facial recognition yet?" He asks.

"What do I look like?" F.R.I.D.A.Y. asks.

"Uh, I don't know. I've been picturing a red head."

"You must be thinking of someone else."

"Must be."

"The fake doctor is actually Colonel Helmut Zemo, Sokovian Intelligence." My dad projects the image F.R.I.D.A.Y. shows him. "Zemo ran Echo Skorpion, a Sokovian covert kill squad."

"So, what happened to the really Broussard?"

"He was found dead in a Berlin hotel room. When police also found a wig and facial prosthesis approximating the appearance of one James Buchanan Barnes."

"Son of a bitch. Get this to Ross."

"Yes, boss." My dad shut the computer tablet and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Dad...does that mean that Barnes didn't do anything bad?" I asked. We made eye-contact. By the way his eyes were answered my question. We sat in silence for a few minutes. Then my dad flies the chopper low over the broiling sea. Then a radio turned on.

"This is the Raft Prison Control. You're clear for landing, Mr. Stark," the guard says. The Raft Prison rises from beneath the sea. The chopper landed on a helipad and the doors close above it. We get off the chopper and we walk up to Secretary Ross.

"Ma'am," Ross says to me.

"Sir," I reply back.

"So? You got the files? Let's reroute the satellites, start facial scanning for this Zemo guy."

"You seriously think I'm gonna listen to you after that fiasco in Leipzig? You're lucky you're not in one of these cells," Ross says. "Both of you." Then Ross leads us through a thick, steal security door. Soldiers were standing guard in the operations room. There were lots of surveillance screens. Then I see Wanda in cell. Tears start to fill my eyes but I keep them from falling.

Then another door opens. My dad and I walk into a chamber surrounded by large, bared windows. Beyond the windows are a number of prison cells. Then Clint starts clapping.

"The Futurist, gentlemen! The Futurist is here! He sees all! He knows what's best for you, whether you like it or not," Clint says, anger in his voice.

"Give me a break, Barton. I had no idea they'll put you in here. Come on," my dad replied.

"Yeah, well, you knew they'd put us somewhere, Tony." Clint sounded a little more calm.

"Yeah, but not some super-max floating ocean pokey. You know, this place is for maniacs. This place is for..." my dad says, but nothing comes out of his mouth.

"Criminals?" Clint offers. "Criminals, Tony. Think that's the word you're looking for. Right? That didn't used to mean me. Or Sam, or Wanda. But here we are."

"Because you broke the law." My dad says.

"Yeah," Clint replies.

"I didn't make you."

"La, la, la, la, la..."

"You read it, you broke it."

"La, la, la, la, la..."

"Alright, you're all grown up, you got a wife and kids. I don't understand, why didn't you think about then before you chose the wrong side?" My dad says and starts to walk away.

"You got watch your back with this guy. There's a chance he's gonna break it." Clint says.

"Hank Pym always said, you never can trust a Stark." Scott Lang says.

"Who are you?" My dad asks. While they were talking, I went over to Wanda.

"Hey.." I said. She looked over at me, her eyes were dull. "Vision misses you. Like a lot. He wanted me to ask you how you were doing?" She didn't say anything. "Wanda..."

"What? I love him, I love Vision. And I miss him. But how does he think I am? I'm stuck, just like I was with HYDRA. I'm stuck..." Wanda says, with tears rolling down her face. I wipe the tears.

"I'm sorry, Wanda."

"It's okay, Callie. It's not your fault. I just need to get out of here."

"And you will." Then my dad calls me. "I have to go." Wanda nods at me and I run to my dad.
"What?" He shushes me. Then he talks to Ross about what Sam told him about Steve. We go out to the chopper. Once the door closes, he waits until we take off and presses the button on his heart and he turns into his Iron Man suit.

"Dad.." I say. He looks at me and his face plate lifts up, revealing him.

"Look, Callie, I'm going somewhere. But you can't come with me. I'm sending this chopper home." He says.

"Ok..."

"I love you so much, Callie."

"I love you too dad." I stand up and hug him. I feel his metal arms wrap around me. Then the back door of the chopper opens. My dad puts his face plate back on and jumps out of the chopper. I sit back down. I was by myself again.
_______________________________
Hey guys, what's up?
Question of the day/night:what's your favorite marvel character? Mines Spider-Man or Iron Man.

Words:1088