Part 17

Peter and I look up and see helicopters still flying around the ferry. We're sitting on an edge of a building. Both of our masks are off. I hear thrusters behind me and I knew how much trouble we were going to be in.

"Previously on Peter, and Callie, Screws the Pooch: I tell you both to stay away from this. Instead, you hacked a multimillion-dollar suit so you could sneak around behind my back doing the one thing I told you not to do. And Callie, I told you not to get caught up in this. And look where you are." My dad says.

"Is everyone okay?" Peter asks.

"No thanks to you guys."

"No thanks to us?" Peter, who's angry, jumps off the edge and approaches my dad.

"Peter, don't..." I say but he doesn't listen.

"Those weapons were out there, and I tried to tell you about it, we both did. But you didn't listen. None of this would've happened if you had just listened to me. If you even cared, you'd actually be here." Peter says. I turn around to see my dad pop out of the Iron Man suit and he marches towards Peter. Peter backs off.

"I did listen, kid. Who do you think called the FBI, huh? Do you know that I was the only one who believed in you? Everyone else said I was crazy to recruit a 14-year-old kid."

"I'm 15." Peter mumbles.

"No, this is where you zip it, all right? The adult it talking. What if somebody had died tonight? Different story, right? 'Cause that's on you. And if you guys died, I feel like that's on me. I don't need that on my conscience."

"Yes, sir." Peter replies quietly.

"Yes."

"I, I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't cut it."

"I understand. I just wanted to be like you."

"And I wanted you to be better. Okay, it's not workout out. I'm gonna need the suit back."

"For how long?" Peter asks with sadness in his voice.

"Forever." I turn to look at my dad. 'Forever'?
Peter shakes his head, shocked.

"Yeah. Yeah, that's how it works."

"No, no, no... Please, please, please..."

"Let's have it."

"You don't understand. Please. This is all I have. I'm nothing without this suit." Peter says, his voice cracking.

"If you're nothing without this suit, then you shouldn't have it. Okay? And also," my dad turns to me. "I don't want you to ever see or talk to my daughter again." I get off the edge and walk up to him and Peter.

"What?" I ask, in true disbelief.

"Yeah, you heard me. I don't want you talking to Peter. He's a bad influence on you." Tears start to form in my eyes.

"No he's not!" I yell.

"Yes he is! You could've gotten hurt, Callie! I've said that to you so many times ever since you met him! You're not going to talk to him, okay?"

"No." I say and stand next to Peter. Our hands were so close. I then felt his hand going into mine.

"Yes, and I'm taking your suit too."

"No, please dad!"

"Yes! You're coming home with me right now!"

"Why?!"

"Because I'm your father, and you're going to listen to me." He says and gets back in his Iron Man suit. Tears are rolling down my face as I look back at Peter and let go of his hand.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"No, please don't..." I fly off and leave Peter and my dad alone. I start flying to the tower, still balling my eyes out. Once I'm in there, my mom sees me.

"Hey...are you okay?" She asks. With tears still rolling down my face, I shake my head. I go and sit next to her. "What's wrong? What happened?"

"Dad happened! He had to just take my suit away and now, he told me I'm not allowed to see Peter again!" I scream.

"Shh. It's okay." I put my head in my hands. She wraps her arms around my body. My heart feels like someone stabbed me. "It's going to be okay."

"How'd it going to be okay? He took EVERYTHING away from me. The only thing he didn't take was you." I scream.

"Callie!" She cries for me. I don't listen. I run upstairs and go to my room. I slam the door shut and I lock it. I slithered down the door and put my head back in my hands. I start crying even harder. I wanted this day to be over. I wanted this to all be a dream, but deep down inside me knew it wasn't. I grabbed a pillow off my bed and put my face in it.

"FUCK!" I scream out. I start balling and covering my mouth, trying not to be loud. I crawl up onto my bed, still crying, and look at my phone. My phone. My dad brought it for me when I started school. I barely used it.

Flashback

It was the second week of school. I brought my phone for the first time. No one has noticed it until lunchtime. Peter saw it and tried to grab it.

"You have a phone?" He asks, tilting his head. I laugh at his dorky ness and nod my head. He reaches for it again.

"Peter, no." I say, but it was too late. He grabbed it. He unlocked it and went straight it the camera. He started taking pictures and I laugh. "What are you doing?"

"Come here!" He says. I walk over to him and he holds up the phone. He starts smiling at it and I roll my eyes. He looks back at me and pouts. "Hey!"

"Fine." I say. I bend down to his height, he's sitting and I'm standing. I look into the phone at myself and smile. Peter takes the picture and gives me my phone back.

Present Day

I look at the phone. I pick it up and go to my camera roll. I see all the pictures that we took. I start crying my eyes out some more, just thinking about him. I wanted Peter. I wanted him so bad. Even if he didn't like me. Even if that means I would lose my dad. I wanted him.
_______________________________
Omggg this chapter is sooo sad :( . It'll get better tho! I'm almost done writing the sad part!

Words:1072