Part 12

Peter, Ned, and I are walking down the hallway.

"First, I say we put the glowy thing in the mass spectrometer." Ned says.

"First, we gotta come up with a better name than 'glowy thing'." Peter says.

"You're right," Ned says. A smile cracks through my lips, but then it fades. I nudge Peter.

"Peter," I say and I point towards the sellers we say yesterday.

"Crap," he says. He grabs my hand and throws us behind a wall. "Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on." He whispers to Ned. Ned walks over to us and Peter and I peer around the corner to watch them.

"High schools creep me out," seller 2 says.

"They got this funny smell, you know?" We then hide behind the wall again.

"Hey, that's one of the guys that tried to kill us." Peter says.

"What?" Ned asks.

"Yeah" I reply. "Peter, what are we going to do?"

"We gotta get out of here," Ned says.

"No, no, no, no, no. I gotta follow them. Maybe they can lead me to the guy that dropped us in the lake," Peter says.

"'I'? You mean 'we'?" I say to him.

"Yeah, I mean we."

"Someone dropped you guys in a lake?" Ned asks.

"Yeah, it was not good," Peter replies. Then I see the sellers enter a classroom.

"Peter-"

"No. Stay here, Ned. Come on," Peter says. Peter grabs my hand.

"Peter." Ned whispers. We get down the hallway. Then we get to the shop room. Peter and I sneak down a staircase into the classroom. Then we get a clear sight of the faces. Seller 2 and another guy.

"Can you imagine what the boss would say if he knew where we were?" Seller 3 says.

"It's saying there was an energy pulse right here," seller 2 says. Peter starts walking down the stairs and i followed him. Peter then takes off his bag.

"There's no sign of the weapon. And even if it was here, now it's gone." Seller 3 says.

"So are we," seller 2 replies. Seller 2 then looks our way. I turn invisible but I don't see Peter. An upside-down chair standing on the table shakes a little. Seller 2 starts to get closer and I start to hold my breath. He puts his hand on his gun. He crosses the room and pauses by the work table, scanning the area. Then the men start to leave. I stayed still as I possibly can. Then I see a tiny robotic spider at on one of the men's shoes. Then it starts climbing up the man's leg. I peer under the table and see Peter hanging on for dear life. I quickly turn visible again.

After School

Happy came to pick me up like usual and drove me home. Tomorrow was our first Decathlon meet and I was going so I had to get rested up.