Part 38

Peter swings onto the top of a moving train and I land next to him. The sun is now up, making me get tired. We have been up all night, trying to get here to tell Nick. Then, the train pulls into a station and Peter jumps off. I follow him down, looking around. He asks for directions but everyone runs from him. A black car pulls up behind us, startling me.

"Get in," Nick Fury says, while rolling down his window. I go to the back and get in while Peter gets in the passenger seat. Peter pulls of his mask, breathing heavily.

"Mr. Fury!"

"You've got a lot of explaining to do."

"No, no, no, listen!"

"Wait until we're secure." Peter falls back onto his seat and I buckle up.

"Okay..." Nick then clears his throat and looks down at his buckle. Peter nods knowing that he should buckle up. "Right." Peter pulls on the belt, but it's stuck. Peter keeps pulling on it, being harder every time. Finally he gets it, but it breaks off. I chuckle as Nick shakes his head in disappointment. Soon enough, we pull up to a fancy building. We go inside the white building and we go into a conference room, and Hill is standing there.

"So...is there anything to you want to tell us about your girlfriend?" Peter's eyes go wide as he turns to me.

"He's talking about E.D.I.T.H." Hill says, making it more clear.

"Look, I know I made a mistake, and I'm sorry,  but he is not who you think he is. Beck is a liar. Mysterio, the Elementals, it's all fake. He has some sort of illusion tech, and that's how he tricked you guys and he tricked me into giving him E.D.I.T.H." Peter pulls out the projector that MJ gave us. I slide it across the table.

"It's a projector," I say. "Peter pulled it off the fire monster in Prague."

"So all that death and destruction we witnessed was caused by this?" Nick asks.

"No, not just this! We think he's using drones." Peter says.

"Well, if this is true, then Beck's very dangerous and we need to be smart. Who else did you tell about this?" Peter turns his head, slightly. "Parker? Parker!"

"What's wrong?" Hill asks.

"It's Beck. He's here." He puts his eyepiece back in place, and a hologram starts to disappear, taking Hill too. We look around, and we're in an abandoned building.

"What? Hill?" Nick pulls his gun out.

"No, it's just an ill..."

Move Peter, the inner voice, the one that sounds like my dad, says. I jump up and push Peter out of the way as a missile is fired and hits Nick.

"Fury!" Peter says, getting back up.

"Peter...!" I shout, but I'm too late. Peter gets blasted through the wall. "No!" I slide down to the whole and don't see Peter. Then, everything gets dark, except the place I'm laying in. I stand up, quickly, turning in every direction.

"Oh, Callie Stark. A little paranoid, I see."

"Not paranoid," I say, turning my head slightly like Peter did. "Just..." I turn around and fire at one of the drones, taking down the whole illusion for a quick second. "...doing my job."

"Your job? Callie..." A bright light shines and it goes dark again. I look down and see that I'm in regular clothes. "Your job, you already failed at." Beck comes close to me, so I fire at him, missing which fire backs at me and hits me. I fall onto the ground and groan in pain. "You blipped away, leaving no one to care for your parents."

"Callie!" I heard my moms voice. I quickly get up and go outside, only to see that we're on top of the Eiffel tower. I look to one side and see my mom fall.

"NO!" I scream. Tears fill my eyes. I turn back around to see Morgan. "Maguna?"

"Callie? Callie!" I look close at the figure. "I know this isn't real!"

"Do you?" The Mysterio suit goes up to Morgan and pushes her down.

"No!" I fly down to her, but she disappears when I grab her hand. I catch myself before I land on the ground. I get back up and I get shoot it the back. I fire back, hitting nothing. Then a building comes down and I run away from it. I dive, landing hard on the ground. I sit up, sitting on my knees. I wipe of the dirt off of me. I look down at my hands and suit. It was the one my dad first made me. It was torn down the side, just like when he battled Steve. I was breathing heavy, looking for a way out. I saw a light and jump towards it. Bad idea. I landed on a hard surface, like a loud thump! My head starts to throb, as does my arm and leg. I look up ahead and see a grave. 'ANTHONY EDWARD STARK' was on it. Tears strolled down my face.

'No, no, no. I have to get out of here.' I started to panic. Then, it felt like someone was grabbing my neck. I couldn't breath and then...I stopped breathing.

'If you were good enough, maybe your dad would still be alive.' I get dropped, free falling until I hit hard. I look up and see a blue sky. I groan and roll onto the ground. I look up. The blue light shines from my hands.

"I'm not afraid of you!"

"Oh, Callie. You will be." A green light comes towards me, knocking me over, and I hit my shoulder on a brick. I groan and hold it. I turn in multiple directions, carefully looking for him. I see him and blast him. A drone comes out and shoots at me. I twist and turn, making sure the bullet doesn't hit me. But my plan doesn't work. The bullet hits me, going deep into my side.

"Callie. You should've listened to me in the first place, or this wouldn't have happened." The illusion comes up to me, and grabs my by the neck. "I'm sorry." Then crack! I fall to the ground as Beck's body falls close to me. I'm still holding onto my side and blood is pouring out. I see Nick limping to us. I turn around and see Peter.

"Peter!" I barely get up and when I do, I fall back down. I hold it, trying to heal it for a little. When I get my energy back, I get up and run to Peter, holding onto his neck and not letting go.

"Fury! Callie!" He buried his head into my neck. He pulls apart and we stand by each other.

"Beck's people...we're trying to find everyone who could expose him. Who'd you tell?" Nick asks, still walking up to us, or limping.

"Eh..."

"I know you told someone. So, just tell me..."

"Okay..."

"Who did you tell?" Nick raises his voice. "Who else did you tell?!" Something seemed off. Yeah, Nick would yell at him, but not like that.

"Peter, don't-" I say, but I was too late.

"Just Ned and MJ from my class, maybe Ned told his girlfriend Betty, but that's it." Nick shakes his head and chuckles. "What?"

"You...are so gullible."

"What?"

"I mean, you're smart as a whip. Just a...sucker." Nick's voice changes back to Beck's voice. "Should've listened to the girl." Nick then turns into Beck. "And now all your friends have to die."

"Oh, my God!" Peter yells.

"No, Peter!" I fire at Beck, but he pushes me back into a stone wall and I hit my head.

"It's easy to fool people when they're already fooling themselves. But for what it's Peter...I really am sorry." I look up and blood comes out of my mouth. Peter backs up onto the tracks and a train comes. He looks that way and he gets hit. I choke out, as I watch the train leave. I wanted to cry but I physically couldn't. My head hurt and I could feel the blood come out of my side. I heard a gun click and get held to my head. I closed my eyes. Then, it never goes off. "Callie, I hope in the end, you can forgive me." He walks away. Everything starts to get blurry and I feel very dazed. My eye lips close again and I feel my brain shutting down. Then, I pass out.
_______________________________
O m g. I hate this so much.

Words:1437