Part 27

I laid in bed. Like I did the day before, and the day before that. I couldn't get up, and no one came to get me up. I guess this was how I grieved. I laid in bed, didn't talk or eat or drink anything. I haven't gotten out of bed in about 3 days. It was late in the evening now, so at any minute, my mom would knock on my door, asking if I was eating. A tear slipped from my eye again, making a splash on my pillow. I didn't wipe my cheek or anything. My eyes stayed on the picture of my father and I. I tighten my arms around my chest until the teddy bear in between my body and arms was about to blow up. I didn't want to let go. A knock came, just like I foreshadowed. My mother's voice boomed through the door.

"Callie," she says, softly. "It's time for dinner." I didn't reply. I wanted to talk back, but I physically couldn't. My heart hurt too much. "Come on, Callie. Please, sweetheart?" Still no answer. I heard her sigh and walk away. Many more tears fell from my eyes, making me lay in a puddle of tears. Then my doorknob turns. I didn't see who it was. My bed squeaked. Morgan crawled up onto my bed, and sat by my feet. I didn't look at her.

"Hey." She voice, sweet as candy. I loved it, but I still didn't reply. "Callie bug!" I closed my eyes at the nickname. My heart pounded in my chest as I started to think of my father. I start crying, balling. I feel Morgan's arms around my body, hugging me as best she could. After choking on my tears, I use my strength to roll over to look at Morgan. My eyes met her's. She tilted her head, looking at me. "Are you okay, sis?" Tears were still falling from my face when I nodded. "Do you know where daddy is?" I closed my eyes, trying not to burst out in tears again.

"He..." I choked again. "He, um..."

"Mommy told me he went up there," she says, pointing up at the sky. I look up, imagining my father looking down on me. I nod my head.

"Yes, Morgan. He's up there."

"When is he coming back?"

"I don't know," I almost started crying when Morgan laid her head on my chest. I slowly put my hand on her head. She lifts it back up.

"Are you going to come eat? Daddy says eating is good for you, and that you need your veggies."

"Dad's right, like usual."

"Yeah...mommy doesn't eat with me, either." I start to get curious with my little sister.

"What do you mean?"

"She's like you. She sits there and after I eat about 3 bites, she walks off into her room and I don't see her until morning." I sigh. "Will you come eat with me please?" She tilts her head again. I chuckle at the younger Stark, then I nod my head. She eyes brighten up and she quickly gets off my bed. I uncover and Morgan grabs my hand, pulling me out. I look down at my clothes, my dad's favorite shirt, big on me, and shorts under. Morgan opens my door and leads me down the stairs. Just like she said, my mom was sitting there, not eating at all. I wipe the tears off my face. Once a floorboard sqeaks, she turns around, eyes open wide. She stands up when I get closer. Morgan goes and sits in her chair, while I stand in front of mom. A faint smile peers across her face and her arms up big. I run to her, wrapping my arms around her body. Tears get brought to my face as I'm hugging her. I dig my head into her shoulder, wishing that we wouldn't have to let go. She pulled away from me, her eyes red, waiting for my mother to let the tears fall. I sat down, be side Morgan, in front of the chair my dad was supposed to sit in. I kept my head down, eating the Mac N' Cheese in front of me. Well...not exactly eating. I was playing with my food.

"Mommy! Guess what? Callie was telling me about how daddy was up there!" She sounded excited about it. I looked at my mother's dull eyes.

"She's right." My mom's hand was out on the table, I looked at it. It looked so lonely, just like we had felt. I reached my hand out, grabbing my mother's to tell her she wasn't alone on this one. My mother look at our hands and back at me. A faint little smile came across her face as she held my hand. Something then came to my mind. I reached for Morgan's hand too, her taking it.

"Dear, God," I say, closing my eyes. "Please bless this food in front of us even if we've had this meal for a good 16 years now." My mother chuckles a little bit, for the first time. "And please let everyone know that someone is always there for them, and you don't have to battle by yourself on anything." The grip of my mother's hand went stronger. "Amen."

"Amen." My mother says, softly. Her dull eyes, for the first time since my dad died, we bright with hope. Hope for us, hope for everything, hope that we would be okay. After we ate, my mother and I did the dishes.

"Mom..." I say softly. She stops what she's doing and turns towards me. "Does it ever stop hurting?" She sighs, and puts the dish down, making a little clink.

"No, you just make room for it." She hugs me. After we're done with the dishes, my mom and Morgan watched a movie downstairs while I went upstairs to my room. For the first time since I got back, I looked around. I noticed different stuff this time. Pictures, posters, my trophies. Everything was so beautiful. Then I see the picture of my dad and I. I saw it before I went to eat but something seemed different about it. I picked it up and hugged it. I wanted to cry but I didn't let the tears slip. I choked on my tears, before finally letting them fall.

"I love you too, dad."
_______________________________
Ughhhhhh :( so sadddd

Words:1078