Part 20

Pulling up to the school, I felt my heart in my stomach. I was nervous, not only because it was my first school dance, but also because I didn't know if I could talk to Peter after I turned him down. My mom stopped the car and turned to look at me.

"You got this," my mother acknowledged. "If you need a ride home call me. I love you, Callie."

"I love you too, mom," I replied. She smiled warmly at me and I returned it. I grabbed the door handle and opened up the car door. I slowly shut the door and watched my mom drive away from me. I looked down at my light pink dress, a little passed my knees and a little skin-tight. I took a deep breath in and started walking towards the school. I could hear the music before I entered. I opened up to the door to the school and walked in. There in the cafeteria was everyone. I looked around and see Liz. I walked over or her and Betty. Her eyes fell onto me and a smiled peered across her face. She squealed and gave me the biggest hug. Even if Peter liked her, Liz was my best friend, I couldn't turn her down. My arms wrapped around her back.

"Callie! I haven't seen you in, like, forever! You look amazing!" She says, letting me go.

"Yeah, I know. You do too!" I exclaim. She grabs my hand and brings me over to Betty. We all talk, well...they talked. I stood there and didn't see Peter anywhere. I then hear a clomp behind me and I turn back around. Peter is walking in the school, his face pale like he's just seen a ghost.

"Peter!" Liz yells.

"Parker?" I ask. He didn't look okay. Liz walks over to him and he makes eye contact with me. He says something to Liz and he sprints away in a hurry. Liz turns around with a sad look on her face. I walk up to her. "I'm going to go talk to him." I run after him. When I'm running, I see a tie on the ground and I look up and see Peter turn a corner. Once I get it there door to outside I open it up and see Peter getting thrown into a bus. I lift myself up to see seller 2.

"Hey! If you're going to shoot at someone, shoot at me!" I yell, copying the exact say words Peter said to him at the bridge. He turned towards me.

"All right," he answers. He shoots a laser beam at me, which I dodge. I shoot at him, and he dodges it too. Then, it shoots at the bus which Peter is in, making it turn upside down. I see Peter get out and I press my lips together.

"Why did he send you here?" Peter questions seller 2, still fighting him.

"Guess you'll never know." Suddenly, a web shoots across the parking lot and attaches to the gauntlet. Peter and I turn around and see Ned holding the web-shooter.

"Nice shot!" Peter compliments Ned. I smile at the two's friendship. I turn back around and shoot at seller 2. Then Peter webs him up to the bus. I fly down to the ground while Peter and Ned are talking. "I know. I gotta tell Mr. Stark. Call Happy Hogan. He's Mr. Stark's head of security. And, uh, get a computer to track my phone for me."

"Are you gonna be okay?" Ned asks.

"We'll be fine," I say to Ned.

"I'll be fine," Peter corrects me. I turn to him.

"What do you mean 'I'll be fine'?"

"You're not going, Callie. You can't get hurt again." I walk up to Peter.

"Yes I am going."

"No!"

"Yes! Peter, we started this together, as a team. And we're ending it as a team." Peter rolls his eyes.

"Fine." Peter starts swinging as I lift myself up. Peter jumps on Flash's car and I land beside the car.

"Callie? What are you-"