Part 33

"Nick Fury?" I ask.

"You know him?" Peter asks and I nod my head.

"Good, you're already suited up. Let's go." Next thing I know, I'm on a boat with Nick Fury and Peter in his suit. I'm in mine too. I look around, staring at the dark black sky with lots of stars. I haven't seen this many stars since before the 'blip'. Nick speaks, which takes me out of my trance.

"Stark left these for you," he says, handing Peter a small case. The glasses. I already knew what they were. My dad always wore those.

"Really?" Peter asks. Then he opens the case and turns to look at me. I nod my head, telling him that they're really his.

" 'Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown'. Stark said you wouldn't get that because it's not a Star Wars reference," Nick scoffs. Soon enough, we're here and Nick leads us to an underground base.

"You can lose the mask. Everyone here's seen you without it. You'd only be feigning anonymity and breathing through spandex for no good reason." I laugh. Nick didn't though. Peter pulls off his mask and takes a deep breath. He looks back at me while I'm looking around. "Come on." We both follow him. "Over there we have Maria Hill." He points to a dark haired girl. "That is Dimitri." A dude on the other side cocks a gun back. "And this is Mr. Beck." A man wearing the same cape turns around to expose the man behind Mysterio.

"Mysterio?" Peter and I ask at the same time.

"What?" He asks, obviously confused.

"Doesn't matter. It's just what our friends have been calling you."

"Well, you guys can call me Quentin." He holds out his hand to Peter first. Peter shakes his hand and he moves towards me. He looked so familiar. "Is that the famous Callie Stark?" I was so lost looking at him, I didn't see his hand. Peter nudges me out of my trance and I take his hand.

"Yeah, that's me."

"Mr. Fury told me what happened to your dad and I just wanted to say I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Thank you though." He turns to Peter.

"You handled yourself well out there today, both of you. I saw what you did with the tower. We could use someone like you on my world."

"Thanks. I'm sorry. Your world?"

"Mr. Beck is from Earth. Just not yours." Nick adds.

"There are multiple realities, Peter and Callie. This is Earth, Dimension 616. I'm from Earth 833." A smile forms on Peter's face.

"I'm sorry, you're saying there's a multiverse? 'Cause I thought that was just theoretical. That completely changes how we understand the initial singularity. We're talking about an eternal inflation system and how does that even work with all the quantum? It's insane..." Peter's voice slowly dies down when he realizes everyone's staring at him. Even me. "S...sorry. It's really cool."

"Don't ever apologize from being the smartest one in the room." Beck uplifts him. He turns to me, excited. I smile, happy that he's finally happy.

"Anyway..." Hill says, making a hologram appear on the table in front of us.

"They were born in stable orbits within black holes. Creatures formed from the primary elements: air, water, fire, and earth. The Science Division had a technical name. We just called them Elementals." Beck says, giving us information about the Elements.

"Versions of them exist across our mythologies." Hill adds.

"Turns out, the myths are real."

"Like Thor. Thor was a myth and now I study him in my physics class." Peter says, making me smile at his goofiness.

"These myths are threats." Nick says, making my smile into a frown.

"They first materialized on my Earth many years ago. We mobilized and fought them, but with each battle, they grew, got stronger. I was part of the last battalion left trying to stop them. All we did was delay the inevitable." That word reminded me of Thanos, which reminded me of the battle, which reminded my of my father's death. Tears fill my eyes. I'm not ready for this. No. I am ready for this. I block back the tears and lift my head back up.

"The Elementals are here now, attacking the same coordinates. Our satellites confirm it." Hill says, looking back at the computer.

"So thank Mr. Beck for destroying the other three. There's only one left: fire." Nick says.

"The strongest of them all. The one that destroyed my Earth. It's the one that took my family." Beck looks at his ring, twisting it.

"I'm sorry," I say, knowing I understand. I give a little smile to show him that he's not alone. He returns it.

"And it will be in Prague in approximately 48 hours."

"We have one mission: kill it." Fury says, and turns towards Peter and I. "And you're coming with us."

"I'm sorry. Did you say Prague? Mr. Fury, this all seems like big time, you know, huge superhero kinda stuff. And, I mean, I'm just a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, sir."

"Bitch, please. You've been to space. And you-" he points at me, "your powers are almost stronger than Wanda Maximoffs. I don't wanna hear it." I keep my mouth closed.

"I know, but that was an accident. Sir, come on. There's gotta be someone else you can use. What about Thor?"

"Off-world."

"Okay, um, Doctor Strange."

"Unavailable." Hill adds.

"Captain Marvel."

"Don't invoke her name," Nick threatens.

"Sir, look, I really wanna help, I do. But if my aunt finds out that I left my class trip, she's gonna kill me. And if I'm seen like this is Europe, after the Washington Moniment, my whole class will figure out who I am and then...and then the whole world will figure out who I am, then I'm done." Peter explains super fast.

"Okay. I understand."

"I'm sorry, what?" I ask.

"Why don't you get back before your teachers miss you and become suspicious. Dimitri. Take him back to the hotel, please."

"Wait, Mr. Fury!" I shout. He turns back towards to look at me. I look back at Peter. "I wanna go." A smile peered across Beck's face but Peter's face was a frown. I walk up to Beck and shake his hand. Then I go and shake Nick's hand. "Please, make him come with me." I whisper.

"Don't worry, I got a plan." Nick says, and I walk back with Peter.

"Thank you, Mr. Fury. And, uh, good luck." Peter says.

"See ya, kids." Beck says, turning to look at the table, still playing with his ring.

"Yeah, see you. Bye, ma'am."

"Yeah." Hill says. Peter and I get escorted back to the hotel by a big man with a gun.
_______________________________
OOOOOO! Callie was like 'bitch I'm going' and then my favorite part was when Nick said 'bitch please' :)

Words:1155