Part 37

MJ taps my shoulder. I turn over and rub my eyes, trying to see her.

"Callie...Peter's here for you." I look down at my outfit, the one the girl agent made for me. I rub my eyes again and get up to open the door. There he was, Peter was just standing there with his backpack on.

"Uh...Look, um...I'm sorry for that happened back there."

"It's okay, Pete."

"Okay, I'm also not ready for this trip to be over yet, and I'm kind of want to do something fun that's not on itinerary or planned or with Mr. Harrington."

"Yes," I reply quickly, not letting him finish.

"'Yes', like you wanna go?"

"Of course I wanna go Pete!"

"Okay, awesome. I'll see you outside in ten minutes."

"Meet me outside in five."

"Five is good."

"Okay, bye." Peter waves and I shut the door lightly. I turn around and start smiling. MJ watches me.

"Come on, you gotta get ready!" She screams and pulls me close to the bed. After I get dressed, I walk down the stairs and see Peter waiting.

"Hey," he says. A smile peers across his face. I wave and he starts to hold my hand. We start walking, going who knows where, and we stop at a bridge. I look out to the sky and down to the lake to see the stars reflecting off of it. I turn to look back at Peter, who is staring at me. "S...sorry."

"It's okay, Parker." His cheeks flush when I say his name.

"I...I have something for you." Peter starts to pull something out of his pockets when footsteps come from behind. "I have...MJ?"

"You have MJ?" I ask.

"No. MJ!" He points at her. She's running towards us with a backpack on her back.

"Hey, MJ. What are you doing here?" She waves and turns straight towards Peter.

"I know you're Spider-Man."

"What?" Peter asks. He turns to me for help.

"You're Spider-Man."

"No. I'm not Spider-Man."

"I mean, it's kind of obvious."

"I'm not Spider-Man. I mean what would make you think that I was Spider-Man."

"Peter, Washington? And by that time, I knew Callie had powers, because I saw you leave." My cheeks get red. "The fact that you like disappear, out of nowhere, for no reason."

"No, that was, I was sick. Remember, I had my...the tummy?"

"You know Susan Yang thinks that you're a male escort." I turn towards MJ.

"What? No, of course I'm not a male escort!"

"Well then you're Spider-Man."

"No, I'm not Spider-Man at all!"

"What about tonight? You snuck off and fought that thing. I saw you."

"You can't have seen me because I'm not Spider-Man and also on the news it was the Night Monkey." Peter shrugs.

"The Night Monkey?"

"Yeah. That's what it said on the news...and the news never lies."

"Night Monkey. Okay." MJ takes off the backpack and unzips it.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Well, do the Night Monkey and Spider-Man use the same webs?" She holds out an object covered in Peter's webs. I turn my head, examining the object. I take it from MJ as her and Peter keep arguing about if he's Spider-Man or not.

"Peter...this-" then the thing starts glowing and I drop it as it goes off. I bring the blue bright light from my hands up in the air as I watch what looks like the Elemental fly in the air.

"The hell was that?" Peter asks.

"I don't know," I reply. I look around to see if anyone else watched it happen. "F.R.I.D.A.Y., put on a protective glove, please."

"Yes, Callie." From inside my clothes comes a little metal hand and it consumes my hand. I pick the object back up.

"What is it, like some kind of projected or something?" MJ asks.

"Yeah but it's..." I tilt my head, looking for the words.

"Really advanced." Peter finished.

"It looked so real." MJ adds.

"Yeah, a little too real." I turn towards both of them.

"Wait a minute, does that mean that-"

"The Elementals are fake? But that doesn't make any sense because we were there right? There was fire and destruction and...who would do something like that?" The projector goes off again, showing the monster, but something else. Mysterio fighting it.

"Mysterio?" We all ask.

Peter's breath gets heavy, "I am Spider-Man. And I really messed up."

"Peter...what did you do?" I ask.

"Look, you're probably gonna kill me..."

"Peter."

"But you can't right now because we have to go catch him before it's too late."

"Peter! What the hell did you do?!"

"I gave Beck E.D.I.T.H.!" Peter sighs and I stare at him with disbelief.

"Damn it, Parker." I mumble.

"Look, I'm sorry. It was just....I didn't know at the time."

"You're fine, Pete."

"Wait, you're Spider-Man? Like for real?" Peter nods his head at MJ's question.

"Okay, Peter. Did you give him the facial recognition?" Peter's face gets pale as he nods his head. "Peter...he has access to everything my dad did."

"Holy shit. We have to go, now!" I nod and so does MJ. We run back to the hotel and we all go into Peter's room. After we're all inside, I shut the door. "I can't believe I gave Beck those glasses! I mean, how could I be that stupid. He's probably spying on me right now or sending a drone to come and kill me."

"Peter, stop blaming yourself." I say. Peter closes the curtains, more mad than he could ever be. Peter and MJ talk about how he almost killed Brad. "Okay, we need to go to talk to Nick himself."

"Yeah, yeah!" Peter takes off his shirt, forgetting he's alone. He turns to us, and MJ has her eyes closed. I get the memo and turn around. MJ's eyes are still closed from embarrassment. "Ah, Ned! Perfect!" All of us look towards the door and see a surprised Ned. Peter talks to Ned about how to explain we're both had to leave. He turns to me and he's in his black suit. "Are you not changing?"

"Peter, I already did!" He looks me up and down, confused. I just unzip my dress, making all of the boys turn around. MJ watched as when my dress came off, my suit was already on. Peter and Ned turn back around and Peter has a smile on his face. He closes his eye thing and jumps out the window and I follow him. MJ then throws us the projector and we're on our way.
_______________________________
This chapter is short, ngl. But, it's okay!

Words:1130