Part 25 (memories)

I look back at Peter, who was carrying his camera.

"Come on, Callie! This is one of our last days on the trip, please smile!" Peter says, begging. We were still in Washington D.C.

"Fine!" I say, getting in front of the big building. I smile big as Peter holds up his camera for me.

"Okay! Great picture!"

"Are you sure? Let me see."

"Nope!" Peter starts running and I chase him. We're laughing. I finally catch up to him, and when I do, I totally forget to look at the picture that he took of me on the camera. He looks at me, and I feel the butterflies in my stomach.

My dad came back from his 'trip'. I was seven years old.

"Hey, Cal bug!" He says, picking me up with a groan.

"Are you okay, daddy?" I ask.

"Don't you worry about me. I'm fine." I smile at him. I really did miss him. "Wanna know something that happened?"

"Yes! Of course!"

"Okay, ready? Okay, so I was walking and there was this mean robot and this little kid, I didn't get this name, but he shot and saved my life!"

"Wow! That sounds cool!"

"Yeah it was! Now where's your mom?" He lets me down and I show him where she is. They kiss.

"Ew!" I yell and my dad chases me. I start running and he catches me. I laugh while he tickles me. My mom smiles at me and takes a picture of us.

"That's so cute!" My dad kisses me on the cheek.

I pick up the chicken strip from the plate.

"Callie!" Steve yells when he caught me. I quickly drop it, my face turning red. "Stop eating the food. It's for the party tonight."

"But Steve! I'm hungry. And you and Nat are leaving tomorrow for a mission. Please...we could sneak one together..?" Steve laughs and smiles. We both pick up a chicken strip and start eating it. Once we're done with the first one, we grab one more. After we finish about 2 more, Steve holds out his pinkie.

"Pinkie promise, we don't tell anyone." We put our pinkies together and I nod my head. With that, we get snacks and eat all of them.

I stop listening to them once I see outer space. The colors, the dark midnight sky, everything was just so beautiful. I can feel my eyes getting wider.

I could feel his eyes on my so I turned to look at Peter, whoa face is still wounded and beat up. He then grabs my face and pulls it closer to him. I close my eyes and our lips meet. My heart starts to race and the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. I could just feel my cheeks getting red. After only a few seconds, we pull apart. A short but passionate kiss. I look at him and my forehead falls onto his. "I like you, Peter."

"I like you too, Callie."

I was home and my mom saw me first.

"Oh my god, Callie! What happened to your face?"

"Mom, it's okay. I'm okay. I promise. I'll heal them tonight." She still had a worried look on her face.

"Fine. Okay, now go take a shower...you smell like.." she sniffed me and crinkled her nose, "smoke." I laugh and nod my head. I head upstairs and look at my once beautiful dress, now ruined from the fire and rumble, and smile. Even if I ruined it, it would always hold memories with it. I looked at the cuts and bruises on my face. They hurt, a lot, but I couldn't stop thinking of Peter, which made them feel better.

I run home, crying my eyes out. I was 13 and I just missed my dad. He went on other 'trip' again and my mother and I just got it a fight. A boy walks up to me, and sees that I'm crying.

"Hey, hey, hey. Are you okay?" He says. I wipe my tears and nod my head. "Okay, do you need me to help you get home?" I nod my head again. He walks me close enough and I hug him. Even if I just met him, this boy helped me out. He hugs me back. I wave bye and walk into my house.

Peter and I look up at each other. It was the first day back at school since Peter got his suit back. Liz left today, and I was sad, but I had Peter and that's all I needed. He was smiling like crazy and we started to mess around in class.

"Peter, Callie, are you paying attention?" Ms. Smith asked us. Our smiles fade and we nod our heads. She gives us a look and goes back to teaching. We continue laughing and talking the rest of the day and got in trouble in each of our classes. I like him, a lot.
_______________________________
This chapter is all just memories that Callie remembers so!

Words:838