Part 28

My dad's funeral was today. I looked up at the black dress my mom got me. It was so beautiful but I didn't want to wear it.

"Honey, are you almost ready?" My mom yelled from downstairs.

"Yeah!" I reply, quickly grabbing the dress and changing. I go into the bathroom, and barely put any makeup on. I take a deep breath in until my mom sneaks up on me.

"Hey." I jump, turning to see her. "You look beautiful." I hug my mother, tight.

"You do too."

"Guests will be here soon. Just be ready." My mom smiles at me and walks away.

"Mom-" I grab her arm, making her turn around again. "What if...what if I can't do this?" Tears fill my eyes. She presses her lips together and holds my hand.

"We're gonna be fine. I promise." I nod my head. She walks downstairs as I look back in the mirror.

We're all sitting in the living room with a Iron Man helmet on the table. Then a holographic of my father is played. He's sitting in a chair.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back, and something like a normal version of the planet has been restored. If there ever was such a thing."

My mom grabs my hand, holding it tight while her other arm is around Morgan. "God, what a world. Universe, now. If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone, you know, to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised. But come on, you know? The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And, for better or worse, that's the reality Callie and Morgan's gonna have to find a way to grow up in." I look over and see Rhodey, crying happy tears for our fallen Avenger. With that, tears steam down my face too.

"So I thought I'd probably better record a little greeting... in the case of an untimely death on my part. I mean, not that, death at any time isn't untimely. This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow, it's...it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. That's the thing. Then again, that's the hero gig. Part of the journey is the end." He gets up from his chair and walks over to the camera. "What am I even trippin for? Everything's gonna work out exactly the way it's supposed to." He bends down and looks at me. "I love you, kiddo." He then turns towards Morgan. "I love you, 3,000." The image cuts off and I let all the tears I held in out onto my cheeks.

"Come on," my mother says softly. She grabs Morgan's hand and I follow them outside, and so does everyone else. We go out to the dock, my mother's hand holding something. She lays in on the lake, the top saying 'Proof That Tony Stark Has a Heart.' She gets back up, standing by me. She holds Morgan's hand and wraps her arm around me. I lean my head on her shoulder, watching the only thing left of my father float away. After a while, everyone starts to talk softly and meet up with each other. Wanda and Clint walk away from each other and I go up to Clint.

"First baby Stark." I chuckle while he holds out his arms. I give him a hug.

"I heard about Nat." I say, softly into his shoulder. He sniffles his nose and pulls away from the hug.