Part 18

Finally, it's a school day again. I haven't talked to my dad all weekend and I stayed in my room. I barely ate anything too. I get dressed into some jeans and a shirt.  I looked in the mirror and what used to be my cuts and bruises, not there anymore because I healed them. After a while, I walked downstairs with my bag. I didn't want to go to school knowing that I'd have to look Peter in the eyes and not talk to him. Once I'm downstairs, I grab a pop tart and unwrap it. I didn't want to waste time cooking it so I just ate it. I see my mom in the living room and I go to hug her.

"Bye, sweetie." She says. I smile at her to make sure she knew I heard her. Then I walked out the door. I saw Happy and I got in the car.

"Rough weekend?" He asks. I nod my head. Once the car starts driving, I put in my headphones. I wanted to block out everything. I put on "Wonder" by Shawn Mendes on. I listen to music until we get to the school.

"Bye, Happy." I say and get out of the car. I keep my headphones in and go to my locker. I grab and put some books away. I closed my locker. I wanted to look down the hallway for Peter. I wanted to run and jump into his arms and for him to tell me everything was okay. But I shake the feeling. I turned the other direction and walked to class. I didn't sit by Liz when I first walked into science. I was all by myself. All day, I zoned out and didn't listen. Nor did I want too. Finally it was lunchtime. I got my food and walked into the cafeteria. I looked around for a seat but couldn't find one. I go to the middle. I looked a certain direction and I saw Peter. His head was down and he didn't look up. He also was playing with his food. Finally he looked up and saw me. We made eye contact and we didn't look away. I saw the cuts and bruises on his face and how he didn't get the healed up. I wanted to run to him. I wanted to sit by him. And something in me told me I should. But something else argued. If my dad found out...Peter would be in more trouble because of me. I didn't want that. I pressed my lips together and I turned around. I walked up to the trash can and I threw away all of my food. I didn't turn back to look at Peter once more. I just keep walking down the hallway.

After School

I still had my earphones in when Happy picked me up. I took my earphone at and opened the door.

"Hey, Happy.." I say, with my voice slowly going quieter once I saw who was in the car with him. My dad. I pressed my lips together, rolled my eyes, and almost closed the door.

"Wait! Callie, please." My dad begged. I breathed in through my nose before looking at him again. I put my stuff on the floor. I sat down in my seat, which felt different today. I didn't make any type of contact with my dad once the car started to move. "Callie..." I turned to my dad, tears in my eyes. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't cut it," I say, copying the exact words he used on Peter and I. He looked down at his hands. "You took everything me, dad. My suit, Peter... what's next?"

"Nothing," he said. "Nothings next. Callie...it was the heat of the moment."

"Okay, if it was the heat of the moment, can I go and see Peter?" I ask. My dad pressed his lips together.

"No," he says. "I'm sorry." Tears rolled down my face. I wanted to scream at him, but I didn't. We sat there for the rest of the ride, not saying one word to each other. Once we pulled up to the tower, I got out and ran to my room. I laid in my bed, staring at the ceiling. Hot tears fell down my face. I then turn over to look at the picture on my nightstand. It was of my dad and I. My favorite picture of us. We're both smiling and laughing when my mom took the photo. I still remember the day like it was yesterday. Then a knock came to my door.

"Cal..." I heard my mother's voice on the other side. I didn't answer. "Open up, sweetie. Please?" She begged me. I didn't want to get up. I didn't want to open the door. I just wanted to be alone. But I got up anyways. I opened the door, and my mom stood on the other side, waiting for me. I wiped all my tears as she opened her arms. I run to her. To feel her arms around my body made me warm inside. I slowly started to cry in her chest. "Let's go into your room." I nod my head and we go into my room. I sit on the bed and she sits beside me. We don't say anything for a long time.

"Mom.." I say, breaking the silence. "I miss Peter. I miss dad. I miss when life wasn't complicated." More tears fall from my eyes.

"I know, honey," she says, putting her arm around my shoulder. I look at her, my lip quivering. My heart was still hurting. I just needed a break. I wanted to accept the apology from my dad, but I couldn't until I got Peter back. I rest my head on her shoulder and we sit there. I then lay down. I turn over to look at the photo's direction. I feel my mom's hand rubbing my back. I missed this. A little smile peered across my face. Then my eyes started to get heavy. And with that, I drift off into a very nice sleep.
_______________________________
:)) . I love you all, just so you know. If you're struggling with something, just know I'm here<3.

Words:1044