Part 36

Peter walked out of the underground lair and Mysterio followed him slightly after. I stood there, listened to Nick for a few minutes. Nick dismisses me and I walk out, seeing Mysterio fly away from the top of the building. I go over to the side and see Peter pulling out his E.D.I.T.H. glasses.

"Hey, Parker!" I say, running to him. He turns to me.

"Hey," he replies.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't help you in there."

"It's okay, but I'm figuring out a way to get our classmates out of trouble." I smile at him. He looks around with the glasses on. "Okay, uh, E.D.I.T.H.? Hey! Uh...I need to find out a way to keep my friends inside for the next few hours." After a while, we start to head back to the hotel. Peter was telling me how there was an opera and hope they could get tickets for us. We arrive at the hotel and walk in. Then, Mr. Harrington calls us into the lobby. I go and sit by Peter.

"Good news. We're going to the opera!" He says, excited.

"The opera?" Someone asks.

"What?" Someone else asks, turning to their friends. Peter and I are the only ones not confused.

"You're kidding me." Someone else scoffed.

"Why?"

"Don't look at me," Mr. Dell says, putting up his hands in defense.

"What happened to the carnival?" MJ asks for almost everyone.

"Oh this is upgrade living, guys." Ned looks back at us and Peter and I both nod our heads, telling him to go along with it. "Come on. The tour company just gave us these tickets. For free! Do you have any idea how much opera tickets cost?"

"No," Flash says, not helping it, "because none of us have ever wanted to go to the opera, ever."

"Uh...well I think this is gonna be culturally enriching for us." Ned says.

"Thank you, Ned." Mr. Harrington points as Ned and keeps talking. "Everyone, this is gonna be, maybe, the best four hours of our whole trip.

"Four hours?" Everyone but Ned, Peter and I scream.

"Guys, I think this is gonna be really fun. Seriously." Soon enough, we all get dressed and go on our way. We pass by lots of people in fun and crazy outfits for the carnival. Fireworks burst in the sky.

"I bet now you're all happy I had you pack a nice outfit." Mr. Harrington says.

"Yeah, because we'd much rather go to a four-hour opera instead of the biggest party in the world." Flash says, rolling his eyes.

"Again, don't look at me." Mr. Dell puts his hands back up in the air. I look in front of us and see MJ and Brad walking together. Peter must have noticed too, because he was looking at me weird.

"What?" I ask.

"Are you...do you..." he points at MJ and Brad, "are you shipping them?"

"Peter, duh! Have you heard the way he talks about her? It's like, cute!"

"Oh, okay. Does she like him?"

"I don't know, actually." Peter chuckles and shakes his head. The smile disappears from his face, worrying me. "Pete, you okay?"

"Hmm? Yeah, I'm fine."

"You can tell me, you know?" Peter looks at me and kisses my cheek, then nods his head.

"Stark, do you copy? Comm check, one, two." Hill's voice comes through the ear piece. Next thing I know, we're at the opera theatre. I look in and see that barely any seats are taken.