Part 31

We arrive at the airport again. Walking out, I was excited. I waited in my seat so I could at least walk with MJ. The sun was shining bright, making me excited for this whole trip. I'm walking with MJ and Betty when I see Peter, with a worried look on his face, and Ned talking. I walk over there with Betty, who says she has to tell me something.

"Hey, babe, can you hold this for me, please?"

"Yeah, of course." Ned says. Peter and I look at Ned and Betty surprised.

"Thanks." Betty giggles and leaves. I stay with Peter and Ned.

"What was that?" I ask.

"Well, we actually got to talking on the plane, and it turns out we have a lot in common. So, uh, we're boyfriend-girlfriend now."

"Whatever happened to being an American bachelor in Europe?"

"You guys wanted to be American bachelors in Europe?" I ask.

"No! Just him."

"Peter...those were the words of a boy. That boy met a woman. A very strong and powerful woman. And now, that boy's a man."

"Babe?" Betty calls from across the airport.

"Coming, babe." Ned walks away from Peter and I. I shrug my shoulders to Peter and he does the same. My hand reaches for his, holding it close. He smiles, as do I. Peter had to go through customs, so he went, letting go of my hand. The girl takes his suitcase and unzips it. There, sitting in the suitcase, was Peter's Spider-Man suit. His eyes open wide and he jumps, turning towards me. I shrug my shoulders, confused why is was there. The woman then picks up a banana and throws it away. Peter and I then go and catch back up with the group.

"Peter, how the hell did that get in there?" I ask, whispering.

"I don't know." He replies, still whispering.

"We're here! Mr. Harrington! We're here, we're here!"

"Wait, wait, wait, Callie and Peter's here. Thank goodness." I laugh, along with Peter. We load onto the boat, Peter and I sit by each other. I take out my phone, and hold it up towards Peter and I. I smile and Peter looks into the camera and kisses my cheek. I smile even bigger and take the picture. We go to look at it and the smile on my face disappears. A picture of my dad and I. I press my lips together. I really missed him. Peter must have noticed my sadness and tapped my shoulder, pointing out a really tall building and how it's covered in windows. I feel a small smile peers across my face. Before I know it, we're already at the hotel. "Looks like we're here. They're doing some renovations to place. Getting some upgrades."

"This place is trash." A kid says, making everyone laugh.

"That must be the concierge." I look around at the outside. Something was gonna happen here and I could feel it. I shook off the feeling and followed everybody inside. "Everyone, here we are!"

"Oh whoa...whoa, whoa." Mr. Dell, our other teacher, says. MJ reaches over to me.

"Tell me we're not staying here."

"This place is sinking," Flash adds in.

"I think you mean charming!" Mr. Harrington tries to sound enthusiastic.

"Okay, everybody. Drop your bags..." I look around. This place was actually sinking. Water was seeping through the walls and roof and the bottom of the floor. Peter started moving towards the stairs. I use my powers to lift myself up and go to the stairs myself.

"Callie! Come here please." Mr. Harrington calls after me. I fly back over there to him.

"Yes?"

"Look, I know you're an 'Avenger' but please, don't use your powers around the students please." He used the quotations for 'Avenger'. I look at him like he was crazy.

"I am an 'Avenger'. You can ask my..." my dad. I took a deep breath and put my head down, not wanting to cry. "Okay." I walk across the wet floor, like a normal kid, I guess. After I put my stuff in MJ and my room, we walk back down with Ned and Peter and we all meet up at the Saint Marco Polo's Square. Then Ned runs off with Betty. MJ says bye to me and her and Brad go to the center and get swarmed by birds. Brad takes her picture, turns around and gives me a thumbs up. I give him one back.

Then I notice Peter walk off somewhere. Probably just saw something. I shrug it off and go over it Brad and MJ. We all start walking again and Brad goes to do something with Flash, so it's just us. MJ sees Peter and he decide to scare him.

"Boh!" MJ and I scream, scaring Peter have to death. I go on one side and MJ goes on the other.

"What?" He asks.

"It's the most perfect word in the world. Italians created it, and we just discovered it."

"What does it mean?"

"That's the thing," I say.

"It can mean a million things. It can mean 'I don't know', 'get out of me face'." MJ says.

" 'I don't know and get out of my face'." I add.

"It's the best thing Italy ever created, except for maybe espresso."

"Oh, so you guys have been drinking espresso." Peter says, laughing. Then we keep walking, and I notice a bag in his hand.

"What's in the bag?" I ask, curious.

"Oh, uh...boh."

"Nice," MJ compliments. I chuckle. Peter puts the bag in the other hand and holds my hand. I smile at him. We go up to a pillar and see a whole bunch of crabs trying to escape the water. "Whoa, cool. Callie, come look..." Her voice gets distant as I look at the water.
Help Betty and Ned, an inner voice says to me. It sounded like my dad. I look at Betty and Ned, who was sitting on the middle of the lake, smiling and laughing with each other. Then the boat rocks, and Betty looks at the water.

"Somethings wrong," I say, making both Peter and MJ look at me. Then the water explodes.
_______________________________
Yay! They're in Venice already! The next chapter is alllll the action!

Words:1049