15: Happy Go Lucky

HOT GIRL STUFF

    TRUDGING DOWN the stairs, I'm instantly surrounded by the team

    TRUDGING DOWN the stairs, I'm instantly surrounded by the team. I sigh heavily.

    "Guys, it's too early in the morning for this. Give me five minutes for coffee, and I'll respond intently." I slowly walk to the kitchen to make my drink.

    After making my morning coffee and feeding Maverick, I make my way back to the team.

    "What's happening this morning? Usually it's noon when my life gets thrown back in the blender." I semi-joke, but I'm also half serious.

    "Well, you're in luck. So you know the video-chats we were going to do on your birthday, but things got... complicated? Yeah, today we are going to do it, yay!" Sam announces enthusiastically.

    "Wait, are you serious? I thought that was just a joke! Can we do it now?"

    "Sure, Nat can you set it up? You're better at this technology thing than me." Steve asks, handing her the laptop.

    She opens the app and firstly requests to video-chat the Wakandians. I smile excitedly, seating myself in front of the camera with everyone crowding around me.

    The screen pops open, and T'Challa, Shuri, and Okoye stand there.

    I wave frantically, happy to see such familiar faces.

    "My favorite white girl! How've you been chica?" Shuri asks, waving back.

    "Just fine, how's things there?" I question.

     "The borders and our people are protected. Besides receiving check-ups from the Hellhounds once a week, we are running Wakanda life according to normal." T'Challa answers for the three.

"That's good to hear. Besides that, what have you guys been up to in Wakanda?"

    "We are closed off to the world! My idiot brother won't even let me bring in a Starbucks! Can I come live with you?" Shuri pleads, glaring at the king.

    "What's a Starbucks?" Steve whispers in my ear.

    "... A car wash." I answer jokingly. He nods in understanding, turning his attention back to the video-chat.

    Did he actually just believe that? Oh, poor Stevie.

    "Just convince him otherwise. King T'Challa, I think it's a necessity for your sister and kingdom to have a Starbucks." Bucky talks comfortably with them.

    "How are you feeling, Bucky?" Shuri asks, becoming serious.

     "I'm doing just fine. Thank you again, for fixing me."

      "It was no problem, really."

    "Okay, I think it's time to go. We will talk with you all shortly." Okoye announces, getting ready to sign off.