29: Gone But Never Forgotten

IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME

    CLUTCHING MY father's metal hand, I walk with the rest of the Avengers to the site where Steve Rogers is being buried

It has been three weeks since the war against The Avengers and the Hellhounds. The Avengers have all successfully moved to Florida. There is a new facility built upon a beach down south. It is a very secluded area, courtesy of Uncle Tony buying the whole beach.

Dramatic.

Anyway, the Avengers have been freshly located for around two weeks.

The hit we faced dealing with the deaths still have a toll on us, but for the most part, most of us are already moving on.

Back to the present time, I watch my footing as I step onto the placed carpet that leads to the church that will hold Uncle Stevie's funeral.

Bucky is to my right, Natasha on the other side of him. Sam is to my left, his arm wrapped around my waist tightly, as if searching for a lick of comfort.

We all decided to travel in groups to the church, not wanting to be overwhelmed by the people coming all at once.

As we enter the church, we are met with a grand view, flags and flowers littering the place.

I smile sadly at the picture at the very front.

There on the post are two pictures of my Uncle Steve, one before he was injected with the SuperSoldier Serum and the other being a picture of him smiling brightly at something Buck had told him.

We make our way to the front, letting each of us have our final good bye with the body. (A/N sounds so weird, ok back to the emotional)

"I know you are probably looking over us telling us to put your dang body in the ground already. We are getting to it, as you can see. I hope you enjoy the service, I just wish it didn't have to end like this." Sam moves away from Captain America's body, gentling resting the hand back on the chest.

"You should be proud of Uncle Sammy, he took a shower for this occasion." I laugh, but it fades away quickly when I'm not met with the same response from him. "I miss you. More than I thought I would. None of us were ready for you to go Uncle Stevie. I'm just glad that you are up there with Aunt Peggy, finally having that dance of yours."

I place a simple kiss on his cheek, a tear rolling down my own.

A sob breaks through my barrier, not able to hold it in any longer. Wanda has to come up here to whisk me away.

I finally make the effort to take in the people here.

All of the Avengers are already inside and seated. They believe it best for the closer ones to say good bye last.