17: Hit Me Baby, One More Time

MY TURN

        I NOD out of greeting and respect as the leaders make their way into the dining room

I am more uncomfortable now that they are here, and I desperately wish for this to be over.

"How are things with the Avengers? Not planning anything, I can imagine." Fallon laughs at his opposed joke.

No one seems to notice Agent Hallie and Agent Hendrix stiffen, but I do. With my eyes being trained to detect such tiny movements.

I, however, do not let myself show any changes in my mood or stance and answer the leaders firmly. "No sir."

"Good, now as you may assume that we have very tight schedules at the moment, so we will hurry this along."

"We have hurried schedules because of the ship we are sending out in three days." Hendrix unknowingly helps me out.

My eyes waver slightly at the reminder.

That means that we Avengers need to get to work and put a stop to this.

"Anyways, what exactly was out there beyond the borders all those days ago? You said a bear, and that you disposed of it, but I'm not believing you sadly. There is more activity and I can clearly see that your mission was not completed." I shiver, knowing all too well what that used to mean. "They were not taken care of."

"I have no excuse, sir. I found a bear and that is what it is assumed to be. The bear could have had others traveling with it, and they're curious as to what happened with the bear I did dispose of."

I'm just the best liar, aren't I?

"I see no reason to not believe you, fore your allegiance is with the Hellhounds." Drystan, I think, compliments.

"Yes sir." I confirm, nodding my head.

"Very well. I must assume the Avengers have worked out who is being held in our dungeons next?"

I only nod, not verbally giving an answer.

"And who is it? I want to know whom I must be cursed with their presence." Neith shows signs of disgust with her body language, and I have to reform from slapping that witch in the face.

"Tis I." I reframe from letting the smirk slip through my blank façade.

"Of course." She scoffs, rolling her eyes.

"Now that that is out of the way, let's move on. As you have just pointed out, the person taking Stark's place in the dungeons is our very own ShadowHunter. We will tell you what we have told the others, then you will be brought to the dungeons for 24 hours." Fallon explains.

"To start off, we are stripping your privileges of food and water for the twenty-four hours you are held." Drystan starts to list.

"In the past, the prisoners were to be unharmed due to the contract you signed with us. That is not the case, but don't worry, we won't hurt you too badly." Neith smirks evilly, slinging her hair behind her shoulders.