12: It Will Rain

COMING TOGETHER

Sorcha Coldman played by Jill Wagner

    AS EDDIE and I make our way outside of the cabin, our tension seems to grow further

"You wanted to take this outside, and for what reason?"

    "Because Athena, I felt this be a matter that we discuss just between us."

    "What matter is there to talk about?! We are making alliances that will do us good when it comes to the war. I can't lose another person because I was stupid enough to let my guard down and actually believe that my life was becoming somewhat normal!" I shout my reasoning, taking all my pent up frustration out on him.

    "You and I both know that normal isn't possible when it comes to you." He rebuttals, glaring furiously at me.

    "Then why are you still here?!" I screech, throwing my arms up in enraged questioning.

    "Because I want to help."

    "Well you aren't doing that questioning every possible coalition we are offered. Why am I not to question your loyalty, seeing as your blood comes from our enemy."

    "I'm not my father. you know this." He says in utter defeat, dropping the volume in his voice.

    I sigh, finally calming down from my breakdown.

    "I know, and I am sorry. It was not my place to throw false accusations at you like that." I let my head dangle as I crouch down on the ground. He walks slowly over to me and engulfs me in a hug.

    I bury my head in his shoulder, needing the embrace from my best friend since forever.

    "How jealous do you think Peter is right now?" Eddie jokes lightheartedly in my ear.

    "You see them watching too?" I whisper back.

    "Oh yeah, obviously. Could they be more obvious?" We simultaneously turn and stare at the team of superheroes eavesdropping behind the curtains that can easily be seen.

    They quickly duck out of view, throwing the curtains close. We laugh at the supposed mightiest heroes.

    "Might as well get inside and see what that Kase dude wants. I was serious though. Be careful who you trust, especially in times like this."

    I nod solemnly, hardening my face. He smiles, throwing an arm around my shoulders. We make our way into my cabin, the tension in the air thickly layered.

Maverick instantly takes his place by my side as we enter the home.

    "You all have no regards to my privacy, do you?" I question the group who tries to look like they did nothing of the sort.