20: Sparkles

GATHERING

    I WAKE with a start

    I WAKE with a start. This isn't my room.

I sit up in the bed I'm in, taking in everything around me.

I quickly realize where I am. I spent the night at Uncle Steve's house. We stayed up kind of late just sketching and talking. It was really amazing.

Hopping out of the bed, I quickly get dressed for today.

Today is the day we bring the whole team here.

I make my way down the stairs, being greeted by a fully awake Steve Rogers.

"How do you feel about some coffee?" He suggest knowingly.

"That sounds like a great idea."

Three hours later, when it hits twelve at noon, the door opens and the familiar voices of my father and Uncle Sammy flow through.

    "You know, I'm still not over the time you ripped out my car's steering wheel."

     "The time I what?" My father asks, concerned.

    I sigh, glancing at Uncle Steve. "They're here."

    "Really? I thought that was the bickering of an old married couple."

    Bucky and Sam walk through the doorway of the room we're in. "We can hear, ya know?"

    "We know," Stevie and I simultaneously say.

    Paws pad behind Bucky, racing towards me. I recognize the sound, bracing myself.

    Seconds later, a dog has his front paws upon my chest.

    "Hey, bud. Yeah, I missed you too." I scratch him on the neck, pushing his paws off me and back on the floor.

    "Kase brought his wolf back, they've delivered the message and Strange will be here soon." Sam informs, making himself at home by sitting on top of the kitchen counter and stealing an apple from the basket.

    "And he can bring everyone here secretly?"

     "We have to trust him to."

    The front door opens again, the two teenagers and married couple comes inside.

    "Who's all here?" Uncle Tony's voice calls out.

    "Just us," Steve shouts back. "We're in the kitchen."

    A moment later, the four join us in the room.

    "All rested up?" Pepper questions, hugging each of us in greeting.

   If I'm not mistaken, if we keep it up with all this hugging, we could pass as the Tanner family from Full House.

    "Yes ma'am." Sam, Steve, Papa, and I answer her.