30: Epilogue

THE NEW LIFE

    CATCHING THE shield thrown back at me, I turn to slam the vibranium into the next enemy

"Captain Raven, I have the staff and it is destroyed. We just need to take down Limpo and we can go back home."

I huff, stopping to take a breath. I hold my finger to my ear com, speaking into it. "Sounds good, Agent Beaudet. Do what you need to do to get yourself and the other Agents back to the Quinjet."

"Yes ma'am." His voice has a joking sound to it and I have to hold back a smile as I face the enemy.

"What more could you have expected going against the Avengers?" I question Limpo.

"To be completely honest? I didn't expect to last a week on your radar."

I chuckle, throwing an unexpected dagger at his heart.

He instantly drops dead. "Easy enough," I mutter.

I walk out of the warehouse, throwing a bomb behind me to destroy all evidence.

Loading onto the Quinjet, I join the rest of my team to return home.

I take off my shield, resting it in a seat.

Spotting Bastian standing behind the pilot, I make my way to my partner.

He pulls my head to him, hand resting on my cheek.

Sebastian scans my body for any injuries. When he finds none, he smacks his lips against mine. I smile into the kiss before returning the action.

We finally pull away after a few moments. "Well, that was the best greeting I've had."

I peck him on the lips one more time before conversing with one of the younger agents.

Let me get you caught up.

It has been five years since the war. Most of the Avengers have either retired or they are close to retiring.

I kept to my word and became the next leader of the new generation of superheroes. We Avengers have gathered multiple young people who are enhanced. I have trained them, along with the original Avengers, to become the next team. I lead with my second-in-command, Agent Beaudet, mostly known as Sebastian. Soon after the war, we started dating.

Bucky and Nat are moving from the Avengers Facility in Florida, to a small hut in Wakanda with my father's goats. They got married two years ago and are now happily living the chill, ex-assassin life.

Sam now runs the flight training for the new heroes, along with being Communications Liaison. He has decided to stay in the hero business for a while longer, not fully ready to give up this life just yet.