18: No Pain, No Gain

PROPERTY

TW: SLIGHT MENTION HARM & ABUSE; may be triggering- I don't go into very much detail at all so it shouldn't be that bad, just mentions

"RISE AND shine, our little ShadowHunter!" The dreadful voice of Drystan flows through the dungeons.

I've been up for hours now, but I don't speak up about it.

"Ready for our day?" He moves in front of my cell, munching on some food.

"Such a tease." I speak up confidently. He rolls his eyes at my comment, waving the food in front of my face.

"Don't give me that sass. Know your place, thank you."

I solidify my face, looking like a marble statue.

He opens the door and instantly grips my arm in his strong hold.

"You know what I just noticed?" I ask, waiting for a sarcastic reply.

"Don't really care." He tightens his grip, flashing me a mischievous smirk.

"Well, I'm gonna tell you anyway. Every time I see you, you're wearing a tux. Even in the battle, you were wearing a suit and tie."

"That cell really gave you confidence over night, didn't it? Don't you worry Doll, we'll beat that out of you real soon."

The ghost smirk leaves my face immediately.

    I want to object against the name, but I obviously do not.

He unnecessarily drags me up stairs, bringing me to another hallway.

This hallway is filled with closed, metal doors. Behind each door is something I really don't want to find out.

He chuckles, and we slip back into silence.

I would say that: that conversation went well.

He leads me into one of the closed doors, this one bigger than the others. The door was located near the end of the hall, in the darkest corner.

When we walk through the door, I am met with a large room that is dimly lit with a swinging ceiling light that emits a yellow-tinted beam.

A shiver courses throughout my body, and I hide it skillfully.

In the room is a chair very similar to the one that erased my memories once. It's not quite the same, this one looks newer and it lacks the actual memory-erasing device.

Intaking a sharp breath, Drystan shoves me into the chair.

"Nostalgic? Like old times?" He teases sadistically.

I don't answer him, remaining in the silence I have grown accustomed to in my life time.

In doing so, I receive a slap to the cheek.