1: A Never Ending Beginning

LIFE WE LIVE NOW

    IF YOU told me that my life would be the way it is now two years back

    IF YOU told me that my life would be the way it is now two years back... I would probably believe you, but that's not what I'm trying to get at.

    What I'm actually trying to get at is, that life sucks. Don't let anyone tell you anything different.

    I stand in front of the three leaders of the Hellhounds, and of course my handler Rumlow.

    After the war all the Avengers that weren't with us before, were forced to leave. Hellhounds have taken over all of the world, succeeding in their plan. It was only Steve, Tony, Bucky, Sam, Nat, Wanda, Vision, Eddie, Peter, and Sebastian. Thor suggested we could hide away in Asgard, but we declined. You don't leave your home just because you lost control.

    We now live in a village type thing. At the very center of the village is home base. It's where the higher ups stay and do whatever Hellhounds do for work.

The whole village is surrounded by fences and gates, not letting us leave even if we wanted to. Guards patrol the area 24/7, so that really doesn't help.

    Us Avengers stay a few cabins down, but everyday my job is to come down here to the home base and do their bidding.

That leads to where I am now. Standing in front of Neith, Rumlow, Drystan, and Fallon.

My eyes are hard and vicious, as they stare straight ahead. I don't dare look any one of them in the eyes, I know better than to do that.

    "Report?" Rumlow orders me to reveal the information I have to give them daily.

    "The Avengers are behaving, staying in order. They have not been out of the given perimeter." I inform curtly.

    He nods, moving to stand behind the three bigger leaders. Isn't it funny? We feared Rumlow the most, when really it was the Hellhounds we needed to fear.

    "New mission, you are to extract Agent Hendrix from his current mission, and bring him here alive and unharmed. He is to be brought here safely. Your mission is tomorrow, it will last only 13 hours."

    I bob my head up and down, as I take in all the information given. I am being sent to be a babysitter? That's stupid. Nonetheless, better than a mission to kill.

    "A verbal response, Asset."

    "Yes sir, I understand sir!" I stand at full attention like a good soldier, waiting to be dismissed.

"You will call him Agent Hendrix, it's his first name. He has an irritation to people calling him by his last name."

"Yes sir, am I to stop by here first?"

"Yes, we will give you a mode of transportation and more information on this mission. You are dismissed to return back to your quarters." Fallon orders.