Ch 44: Home

Present Mic burst through the door of class 1-A and looked around the class and up to his friend and partner. "Shouta!" he called out and the lazy teacher turned to look at him. Everyone had seemed to lose their spark and hope in the last couple weeks that Valkyr had been missing. Shouta had not even told the class about the upcoming festival. But the next four words out of Mic's mouth started chaos of hope. "She has been found!"

_______________Earlier.....

Valkyr looked around the dark room. She did not know how long she had been there but she knew he was running out of serum. He had been frantic the last time he had been here to hurt her. To try and make her obey his orders. None of it worked. She had found something to give her life for. He had nothing to sway her anymore. After her disappearance, the UA students had been basically on lock on and he couldn't snatch any to use against her. Valkyr looked up at her right hand and tried to activate her shadow quirk. She just needed a little. A tendril of shadow came out of her hand and she got hopeful. She used it to pick the lock on the cuff. She slumped halfway to the floor as she got it unlocked. "Yes." She reached up and did the same to the other. She laid on the ground for some time, she wasn't sure how long, just to build up some strength. Her body was badly injured and torn apart. Before he mostly hurt her back not wanting to scar her whole body up, this time he did not care. She slowly pushed herself to her feet. Thinking of those who were waiting for her gave her strength. One in particular she couldn't wait to see again.

"And just where do you think you're going?"A deep voice asked.

"I think it is about time I left." Valkyr said, turning to look at her birth father, Viktor. "I have people waiting for me now."

"Oh, the ones I will have you kill as soon as you begin to obey again," Viktor said. Valkyr had to laugh. It was rough and scratchy from screaming when he hurt her.

"There is nothing in this world you could do to make me obey you," Valkyr said. Something Dabi once said to her finally made sense. "I know why he calls you a weak man now. I can see it." Viktor growled.

"And just how am I weak?" Viktor said as his dragon came out.

"Because you never dealt with any emotion. You cannot release your quirk anymore because it will destroy you mentally." Valkyr shook her head. She leaned on a table for support. "Your shadows can no longer hurt me and you have no power over me."

"Shall we test that?" Viktor growed as he sent his dragon at her. Two giant wolves, both with one blue eye and one crimson eye took the dragon down. Valkyr walked towards him no longer feeling the pain in her body due to her quirk activation. "How? You were never thistrong with shadows before?" He backed away. The dragon dissipated and the wolves stood next to their master awaiting orders. Valkyr stood there looking down on the man like he was nothing.

"Because I took away your source of power. I no longer fear you." Valkyr said. "The same cannot be said for you. You want to control me so badly because you are afraid of me and what I am capable of." Viktor pulled a gun and held it towards her.

"I see now you are of no use to me, then I will get rid of you." Viktor said.

___________

Valkyr was found walking up the street out of the woods with two shadow wolves dragging an unconscious and bleeding Viktor Wraithier. She just happened to be in the same area of a just announced number 2 hero, Hawks. As soon as he arrived she told who she was and who the man was. She released her quirk and passed out. Hawks had to work quickly to get her medicial help and the man known as Shade apprehended.

-----------Later---------2 days later....

Warmth. It had been a long time since she felt such warmth. Valkyr slowly opened her eyes and looked around the white hospital room. A head of black hair laid on the side of her bed and a mass of blonde hair on the other. She had made it. She grabbed their hands as she began to cry quietly. For a moment she had thought fighting off a Viktor had been a dream. She thought escaping and finding a hero had been a dream. She had had plenty of dreams of getting away only to wake back up in the cold and pain.