Ch 23: Man of Fire

They were woken up early the next morning, which was fine with Valkyr. She didn't sleep much anyway, especially in a room of people she barely knew. She didn't want to wake up everyone with her nightmares so she didn't sleep at all. She walked out and was more awake than the rest. 

"Good Morning, Everyone." Aizawa said. "Today we begin a rigorous round of reinforcement training. This trip's mission statement is to strengthen everyone's quirks as a whole, thereby allowing everyone to achieve their temporary licenses. This is preparation to stand against and up to live-action hostility and aggression from your enemy. Prepare your hearts and minds." Aizawa pulled something out of his pocket and tossed it at Katsuki. "With that said, Bakugou. Try throwing this."

"This is from the physical strength exam," Katsuki said a bit confused. 

"Your record indicated a toss of 705.2 meters, at the time of your admittance," Aizawa said. "Lets see how much you have improved."

"Woah, a skill growth test." Ashido said excited. 

"These three months have been pretty intense," Sero said. "I'm calling over 1 km." Valkyr tilted her head a bit. She walked over to stand next to Aizawa. 

"I guessing a change of 5-10 meters," she said so only he could hear. Aizawa looked down at her and smirked. She really was something else. 

You got this Bakugou!" Kirishima yelled. 

"DROP DEAD!" Katsuki yelled as he threw the ball with a large explosion. This time Valkyr didn't jump. She just shook her head with a smile. 

"709.6 meters." Aizawa said showing the results. 

"Huh, I over estimated. It was only about 4 meters." Valkyr said. 

"Huh?" Sero said. "That's not even close to what we expected."

"Speak for yourself," Valkyr said. 

"In three months you have all gained a lot of experience." Aizawa said. "And of course, you have certainly grown. But that growth has primarily been emotional and technical. Now the time has come to concentrate on physical advancement as well. As you can see your 'quirks' themselves have only improved at best, a marginal amount. So starting today we will focus on upgrading you quirks." Aizawa grinned as he looked at all of them. "I will be pushing you beyond your limits, so try not to die on me."

As Aizawa got the students situated into their training exercises Valkyr stayed back. She waited for him to finish with the others before walking up to him. "I am going to go train on my own." she told him. 

"What do you mean?" Aizawa frowned. 

"It is safer for everyone if I put some distance between us," Valkyr said looking down. "The quirk I will be training I don't have complete control over." Aizawa sighed and nodded. 

"At least stay within shouting distance so if you need help," Aizawa told her. Valkyr nodded. 

"Of course," Valkyr smiled up at him. She gave him a quick hug before running off into the trees. Luckily the others were preoccupied and didn't notice her run off. She found a decent clearing and took a deep breath. "Alright, lets get this started."

Valkyr spent all her time out in the woods training on her second quirk. She only came back for meals and even snuck out at night to train more. She wouldn't talk to anyone about what or how she was training. She would just smile and say it was going well. She didn't want to worry or scare anyone. On the third day she had just come back from training as they needed to start on dinner. She smiled hearing Katsuki yelling. It was comforting that things were normal. She quickly washed up and went to help make food.