Ch 5: Class President?

Katsuki did show up that night but not much was said. He insisted on recleaning and treating her injury. He was very gentle and Valkyr knew he was beating himself up the entire time. She kept trying to cheer him up, but he just wasn't taking it. He decided to stay the night and was going to sleep on the couch. 

"Just share my bed, it's huge." Valkyr told him. 

"It's fine. I will just sleep on the couch." Katsuki said. He didn't even feel good enough to blush at the suggestion. Valkyr frowned. 

"My house. My rules. Now get in bed." Valkyr told him as she pushed him into her room. She just didn't want him to be left alone with the way he was feeling. "Stop arguing. We have school tomorrow." she told him. She climbed into bed and waited for him. She could see him arguing with himself before taking off his shirt. He had a tank top underneath. 

"Fine, you win, woman." Katsuki grumbled before laying down. He stayed on his side as the embarrassment finally started to settle in. 

"No going out the couch after I fall asleep. Promise?" Valkyr said looking over at him. 

"Whatever. Now go to sleep." Katsuki grumbled. Valkyr smiled and laid down. She curled up under the blankets and soon fell asleep.  

In the morning, Valkyr began to wake up feeling very warm. She cuddled closer to that warmth. As she began to wake up she realized that warmth smelled like ash and was breathing. She opened her eyes only to come face to face with a certain blonde's chest she was snuggling into. A light blush tinted her cheeks as she carefully pulled herself out of his arms. She glanced at the time and was surprised to see it was already morning. She didn't wake up last night from nightmares? She had nightmares every night. 

Arms around her waist pulled her out of her thoughts and back into bed. Her back was up against his chest and his face buried in her hair. Her blush deepened. "Umm Katsuki, can you let me go now." She said softly.  She was so embarrassed about this, that she didn't even realize he was touching her and it didn't hurt.  "Katsuki, wake up!" she got louder.  The blonde snapped his eyes open and looked around before quickly releasing her. 

"Shit, I'm sorry, Val. Are you ok?" Katsuki asked as she sat up. His face could put kirishima's hair to shame. 

"I'm fine." Valkyr said not looking at him. She was blushing heavily too. 

"You sure? I was asleep so I didn't realize I was touching you. I'm sorry." Katsuki told her.  This made Valkyr stop. She was confused for a moment and looked down at herself. He was touching her. More than that, he had been holding her. She hadn't been in pain? Why? Wasn't all touch supposed to be painful? She turned to look at him confused. She reached out and grabbed his hand. He flinched not wanting to hurt her, but watched just as confused. 

"You were holding me." Valkyr said softly. "And from what I can guess for a while too. But it didn't hurt."  Katsuki's eyes widened a bit. Maybe touch wasn't so bad, at least something as simple as holding hands. People did it all the time in movies and even out on the street.  Her alarm suddenly going off made them both jump. Valkyr pulled away. "We should get ready for school." She got up and grabbed her things rushing into the bathroom. She leaned against the door and looked down at her hand again. Now she was really curious. Was it just Katsuki's touch? Or could she touch others now too? Also what changed? And why didn't she have any nightmares? 

Valkyr quickly got dressed in her uniform and went down to make them a quick breakfast. Soon they were on their way towards UA in silence. Both lost in their own thoughts. They were getting close to UA when someone called out to them.