Ch 9: Sports Festival - Annoucement

Valkyr was glad to be back in class. She was surprised that everyone in class came up to her to ask if she was ok. Everyone cared. She didn't understand why they did, but it made her happy.  She almost wanted to cry. She never had so many people that cared for her.  It just gave her more conviction to get stronger. She had to protect them all. She glanced over at Katsuki who was yelling at people for teasing him about the picture and then over at Kirishima who was just a blushing mess. The boys had been right. This was where she belonged. 

A little bit later, Lida called the class to attention and Shouta walked in. "Morning." he said. He was covered in bandages. He had come over last night after the boys left to check on her. She was worried about him but he assured her that he was ok. 

"Sensei, Are you alright?" Lida called out. 

"Don't concern yourselves over me." Shouta said. "After all, the battle hasn't really started for you yet."

"The battle?" Katsuki asked. 

"You don't mean..." Izuku started. 

"More villains?!?!?" Mineta cried. She looked at the poor terrified boy. Everyone warned her to stay away from him, but she wasn't sure why. 

"UA's sports festival is approaching, boys and girls." Shouta said. He had told her about it last night. He had told her she didn't have to participate if she didn't want to. After a little thought she told him she would. She needed to stop living in fear, especially if she was going to become a hero. She didn't care about the fame and popularity though. She just wanted to be strong enough to protect those she cared about. She wanted to become a hero to put away her father. 

"Wait, hold up! Should we really have a sports festival?" Someone asked. "Isn't that something the villains would try to infiltrate?"

"On the contrary, we are going ahead with the festival to show that the school is confident it has everything under control." Shouta said. "There will be a lot of security from the police and even proheroes. But none of you should worry about that. Worry about the opportunity this gives you all. This isn't an event that will be stopped by villains."

"No, if villains do show up can we stop it please?" Mineta whined.

"Our sports festival is one of the biggest events in Japan." SHouta said. "It has take the place of what used to be known as the olympics. All the countries top heroes will be watching."

"It's because they will be scouting us." Momo added. For the rest of the day all anyone could talk about was the sports festival coming up. Valkyr was committed to it now. She had two weeks to train herself up and be ready. 

Valkyr was sitting at the table with Katsuki, Kirishima, Sero, and Kaminari at lunch. All the boys were talking about the upcoming festival and she was just happy listening to them all be excited. Suddenly she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around and saw a shadow creature holding out a candy bar. She looked up and saw Tokoyami. 

"You wanted to meet him." Tokoyami said. "He wanted to bring you something sweet." Valkyr smiled and took the candy. 

"Awww thank you." Valkyr said looking at the shadow. He wasn't scary. He was adorable. She pet his head and under it's beak. "You are absolutely adorable." 

"She thinks I'm adorable?" Dark shadow said. It turned to face Tokoyami. "Ha she likes me, more than you." He turned back to her and nuzzled her. "I like pretty girl." Tokoyami just sighed and rolled his eyes. She giggled as she pet Dark Shadow. Their personalities were polar opposites and it was cute. Tokoyami was so quiet and polite while Dark Shadow was loud and said what he wanted.