Ch 43: Captured

Midoirya looked all around for Valkyr after he finished his fight with Overhaul. He made sure Eri was safe with Pros before he began looking for her. He was surprised she was not running to him to check on Eri. 

"Deku have you seen Valkyr?" Aizawa called as he walked up. 

"No I was just looking for her," Midoirya said. Aizawa frowned and looked around.

"Kirishima just got taken to the hospital," Aizawa said. "Maybe she rode in with him. I am sure once she saw him injured she wouldn't leave his side." At least he hoped that's where she was. 

"I am heading in with Eri, so I will look for her once Eri is settled," Midoirya said. Aizawa nodded and Midoriya ran back over to the young girl. His thoughts on Valkyr and hoping she was safe. 

______

Midoriya finally found where Kirishima was being treated. He noticed the third year sitting in the hallway. "Amajiki-senpai, have you seen Valkyr?" He asked. Tamaki looked up at the boy and frowned. 

"Val is m-missing?" Tamaki asked. "We thought s-she w-was with you." 

"I will keep looking," Midoirya said. "Maybe she is with Togota-senpai."

"I was just there," Tamaki said. "She was not there." Midoirya frowned. He pulled out his phone to try calling her, only to receive a call himself. His phone read Kacchan. Maybe he had heard from Val. 

"Hey Kacchan," Midoirya said as he answered his phone. 

"Where is Val?" Bakugou asked. "She was supposed to call me when you guys finished your mission. Now she is not answering her phone."

"I am looking for her now," Midoirya said. 

"What do you mean you are looking for her?" Bakugou growled. "You should have been with her at all times, protecting her."

"Things came up during the mission and we got separated," Midoirya said. 

"Deku, any luck?" He heard someone ask. Midoriya turned and shook his head seeing Aizawa. "Who is on the phone? Bakugou?"

"Yes sir," Midoirya said. 

"What's going on Deku!?" Bakugou yelled through the phone. Aizawa took the phone from Midoirya and held it up to his ear. 

"Bakugou," Aizawa said. "Witnesses saw Shade in the vicinity. It seems she may have been taken." Aizawa pulled the phone away from his face as a loud yell was heard on it. Aizawa sighed and hung up the phone. 

"Sir, was Valkyr really taken?" Midoriya asked quietly. Aizawa just tossled the boy's hair before walking away. Aizawa did not want to say it was for sure. He did not even want to imagine what Valkyr was going through if it was true.  His phone began to ring. "Aizawa! She is calling my phone." Aizawa turned and came back quickly as Midoirya answered the phone. Before he could even say hello, Valkyr's screams were heard through the line. Her screams and male laughter. Midoirya dropped the phone in surprise and shock. Aizawa slowly reached down and picked up the phone with his hand shaking. 

"She is mine again." A deep male voice came across the line. "Thank you for caring for her." The line went dead. Aizawa stared at the phone for a long time before turning to leave. He had it in mind to pay Overhaul a visit. 

--------------

Midoriya walked up the stairs to their dorm room. As he walked in the door, even though it was late, everyone was awake. "Deku is it true?" someone asked. Slowly Midoirya just nodded. He did not know what to do. He felt so guilty for letting her out of his sight. He felt guilty for focusing on saving Eri and not on protecting Valkyr, even though that is what she wanted. Suddenly he was sent to the ground with a punch to the face. He looked up only semi-surprised until he saw Bakugou standing there. 

"Why are you just standing there? Why aren't we out looking for her?" Bakugou growled. 

"A-aizawa said for everyone to stay put," Midoirya said slowly standing up. "He is trying to get information out of our target, who was working with Shade." Bakugou grabbed the front of his shirt and slammed him against the wall. 

"How could you let her out of your sight!" Bakugou yelled. "You knew she was terrified being there around that villain. You knew he had a connection with her father. She told us straight out and yet you still let her out of your sight." He slammed him against the wall again. Midoirya was not fighting back against Bakugou at all. Midoirya felt full of guilt and everything Bakugou said was true. 

"Come on Bakugou," Todoroki said walking up. "You cannot put all the blame on Midoirya."

"Stay out of this fucking Half n Half," Bakugou growled. 

"No. We all care about Valkyr. We all want to see her safe," Todoroki said. "You are not the only one hurting knowing that man has her. But it is not Midoirya's fault. He focused on the object of their mission, which Valkyr was adamant about as well." Bakugou slowly put the boy down. "I get it, you are very close to her...."

"Close to her?" Bakugou said looking at the ground. "I love her." He said softly, he was holding back tears. "What are we even doing if we cannot keep her safe?" Everyone looked down as he said that. They all seemed to feel that things just did not seem as bright without her there smiling or laughing. 

------------------

Valkyr hung from her wrists in chains. Shade was keeping her weak with the temporary drug he seemed to have obtained from Overhaul. She knew her friends had to have taken Overhaul out, so eventually Shade would run out, right? She could feel blood sliding down her body and drip to the floor. She did not know how long she had been there already. Minutes? Hours? Days? She could not tell time, locked away in this dark room. Torture tools and weapons littered the walls and tables.  She honestly never thought she would be back in the room with the red door, but here she was. He had surprised her after she got separated from the others from the floor above them collapsing down. Before she could even get her bearings a needle was slammed into her neck and she had just dropped. She woke up here. 

She would just have to wait him out. Hopefully she would get a moment to use her power to escape the chains. She only needed a moment, but how long could she last like this? Tears spilled from her eyes, not from the pain, but because she missed her friends. 

 Midoirya.

 Mirio.

 Tamaki.

 Shoto. 

Shindou

and the rest of her friends at UA.

Especially Eijiro and Bakugou.

 "I never got to tell you that I love you," she whispered to herself. "Even if I do not survive this, I hope I at least get to tell you before I leave this world." 

_________________________________________

 And that is the end of this chapter. Kind of short I know.....but I wanted the drama. 

Hope you all enjoy. Please comment and vote. 

Until next chapter....Hope you all have some great holidays.