Ch 24: Touch of Fire

Valkyr was on a bed with her hands chained above her head. She had burns up and down her arms and body from the man who took her captive. She didn't know how long she had been here and hadn't seen Katsuki since they were captured. Dabi had quickly whisked her away to a back room to tie her down. 

The door opened and she looked over. In walked Dabi with some low hung sweats and a towel around his neck. He had just come from a shower. She could see the his arms and neck were discolored like his face. Valkyr glared at him. 

"I love that fire your in eyes," Dabi chuckled. He walked over and leaned over her, one planting right next to her head to steady him. "You are my prisoner and you still glare at me like you're in control. I hope you keep that fire in you." He touched her face with his other hand. 

"Don't touch me," Valkyr said with malice in her voice. 

"That my little dragon," Dabi grinned. "Is no longer your choice." His fingers trailed down her neck and down her clavicle to her sternum. He saw her jaw tense but that glare never left her eyes. He loved staring into those amethyst colored eyes, one slit and one regular. They conveyed so much malice and strength. He wanted to find out what made her tick. He wanted find what would make her crack. His hand pressed flat against her sternum and it began to burn. It burned away her shirt and began to burn her skin. He watched her jaw tighten to the point he thought it was going to pop out of place. "Scream for me." 

"Never," Valkyr growled but the pain was laced in her voice. Her body began to shake and her eyes closed tight. She was biting her lip so hard it began to bleed. Dabi finally pulled his hand back looking down at the hand print burned black into her skin. He watched her breathing heavily. She had guts and he loved it. It fascinated him. What drove her? Where did her strength come from? Couldn't be her father. Shade has a powerful quirk, but Dabi saw him as a weak man. 

"What makes you tick?" Dabi asked stroking her jaw line. "What makes you so strong?"

"My desire to kick your ass," Valkyr growled. Dabi chuckled. He grabbed something from the side and slipped a metal collar around her neck. He locked it with a padlock. He unchained her hands and got up. Valkyr jumped to her feet and felt the collar her put on her neck. There was a chain attached to it. She followed it with her eyes to the wall. She guessed it was maybe ten feet in length. 

"I've wanted to fight you again." Dabi smirked. Valkyr looked down at her chest where she had his hand burned into her chest. She knew it was deep enough that if she scaled over that she would still be vulnerable there. It hurt like hell, but she couldn't give in to the pain. She couldn't be weak in front of this man. That burn had taken away a lot of her energy though. "Come on my little dragon. Show me that fight you have." He was proud of that mark he left on her. Even if she got to a healer soon, he knew that would scar. No matter what he would always have a mark on her. 

Valkyr let her scales come out as she faced Dabi. She attacked with as much speed and strength she could muster in her current state. She got a couple good hits in before he grabbed the chain and yanked her back. Her hands went up to the collar as it choked her. He held it high and looked down at her. "Not so in control now, are you little dragon?" He watched her choke with a smirk before dropping her. She landed on her knees gasping for air. "I'm making you pay for earlier. Your focus should always be on me. Forget about the blonde boy; Katsuki Bakugou." Valkyr looked up at him with a glare. 

"Where is Katsuki?" Valkyr asked. Her voice rough from the damage she just received from the choking. Dabi growled and back handed her. 

"What did I just say?" Dabi growled. "Don't worry about him. Only me. You should only ever be worried about me." He growled.