Ch 12: Sports Festival - Tournament part 1

Valkyr was walking back into the arena alongside TetsuTetsu and his friends from 1-B.  As they walked in she noticed all the girls from 1-A in cheerleader outfits. "Did I miss something?" Valkyr asked confused. TetsuTetsu and Awase looked at the girls and then down at Valkyr. Both looked away blushing imagining her in the cheerleader outfit. 

"It looks like they got tricked into wearing those." Honenuki said. "You're lucky you were hanging out with us." Valkyr nodded. She couldn't imagine wearing something so revealing. She was lucky the rips in the back of her shirt from her wings didn't show to much. 

"I wouldn't look good in something like that anyway." Valkyr said thinking of all her scars. 

"I'm sure you would look just fine." Awase said trying not to get a nose bleed from his thoughts. He was pinching his nose with his head tilted up. Valkyr frowned as she looked at him. 

"Are you ok, Setsu?" Valkyr asked. 

"Yup, just fine." Awase said. He was so not going to admit that he was having perverted thoughts about her.  Tetsutetsu took a deep breath and looked at her still blushing lightly. He was hating the boys in 1-A for being so lucky. They walked up to the stage to find out about the next event. It was going to be a one on one tournament. Suddenly she saw Ojiro raise his hand. 

"Excuse me!" Ojiro said. "I don't want to participate. I know this is a rare opportunity but I don't remember really any of my involvement in the cavalry battle. Everyone gave there all and fought so hard." People tried to argue with him saying he shouldn't quit but Valkyr could understand. It wasn't about the opportunity it was about his pride and dignity. A guy from class 1-B also wanted to quit. Both boys had been on Hitoshi Shinso's team which made Valkyr narrow her eyes. Midnight allowed the resignation. She offered the two places to another class 1-B team but they denied it and said to give it to TetsuTetsu's team. 

"I'm happy for you guys." Valkyr smiled. 

"What are you talking about?" Awase said. "Don't you want to compete?"

"I do." Valkyr said. "But I figured you guys would choose two of you guys? I mean I'm 1-A."

"That don't matter to us anymore." Honenuki said. "I think it should be Tetsutetsu and Val."

"I agree." Awase said. They smiled at them. Valkyr returned the smile and a small bow. 

"Thank you," Valkyr said sincerely. 

"So TetsuTetsu and Wraithier now are part of the top 16." Midnight announced. They all chose lots to see who would fight who first. Valkyr looked up at the board and saw she would fight Kaminari in the first round. 

She glanced over and saw Izuku about to talk to Shinso, but Ojiro stopped him. Valkyr frowned and walked straight up to him. "What the fuck is your problem? Why do you keep using me and my friends? You used your damn quirk on Ojiro like you did me before, didn't you?"

"Ahhh if it isn't the little princess." Shinso looked at her with a grin. "Come back for another kiss?" 

"Don't answer him, Valkyr." Ojiro called to her. "That's how he gets you with his quirk." Shinso glared over at Ojiro. 

"Shut up, Tail boy. I have no use for you anymore." Shinso said. "But Princess here..." He turned to look at her again only to be smacked across the face. 

"How's that for an answer?" Valkyr said. She stared at him. "You know for someone who wants to be in the heroics department so badly, you sure don't act like one." She turned and walked away from him. 

"Val!" "Val!" She heard two guys yell her name. Kirishima and Tetsutetsu came jogging up to her. 

"Are you ok?" Kirishima asked.