Ch 36: Friends

Valkyr was sitting on a bench near the big fountain outside the mall. She had gotten permission from her dad to go out shopping. She told him she was going with a friend since Bakugou and Midoirya were still under house arrest. Hers had only last two days. She was wearing a cute outfit, another of which Hizashi had bought her. 

"Hey Princess!" Someone called out as they walked up

"Hey Princess!" Someone called out as they walked up. Valkyr looked up and smiled at her friend. It was Yo Shindou from the provisional license exam. "Hope you haven't been waiting here long." he said. 

"Not at all," Valkyr smiled. She was nervous and excited. She had never been out by herself without one of her close friends from UA but at the same time she was excited for becoming independent. She wanted to be able to do more on her own and not have to rely on everyone else. 

"You look very cute today," Shindou said. "Did you get all dolled up for me?" He teased her. 

"Well my other dad likes to buy outfits like this for me," Valkyr sighed. "Honestly I have a closet full of clothes I hardly wear because he buys so much that I'm not comfortable in."

"Other dad?" Shindou asked confused. 

"Well I told you I was adopted," Valkyr said. "My dad's partner or something.....my dad doesn't like to label things...at least that's what he says." Valkyr shook her head and then got back to the point. "Anyway Sho is my adopted dad and Hiza who has always been there for me too is also my dad." She giggled. 

"Well....at least you're happy now," Shindou smiled. "Well shall we?" He held his arm out to her. 

"Thanks for coming out with me," Valkyr told him. "All my friends couldn't come and I'm not used to being on my own yet." 

"Anything for the princess," Shindou chuckled. "I was surprised when you invited me out. I figured your little guard dogs wouldn't allow it. Or do they not know?"

"I don't have to report to them what I'm doing," Valkyr sighed. "And I already told you all that is still kind of awkward."

"I know I know," Shindou said as they walked. "I can't help but tease you about it. I'm sorry."

"I am glad you listened to me the other night though," Valkyr smiled as they walked. "Talking with someone outside the situation I think really helped me."

"Glad I could help," Shindou said. "Ahh Young love." He chuckled. 

"I'm not that much younger than you," Valkyr said. "And I know nothing of love."

"Sure you do," Shindou said. "You risked your life for Bakugou." Valkyr frowned. 

"Is that really love?" Valkyr asked. 

"Well tell me, how does the red head make you feel?" Shindou asked. 

"Eiji?" Valkyr looked down as she thought about it. "I feel safe with him. His hugs are amazing. He can always make me laugh. But lately I just feel guilty when I see him because I don't want to hurt him."