Ch 37: The Big 3

Valkyr sat at her desk staring at the empty desk beside her. Bakugou wouldn't be here today. She didn't like being in class without him. Yesterday had been hard without both Bakugou and Midoirya. 

"He will be here tomorrow Valkyr," Midoirya said standing next to her desk. 

"I know," Valkyr sighed. "It's just weird to be here without him. Yesterday was hard for me....no you or Katsuki."

"Well I'm here now Valkyr," Midoriya smiled at her. 

"Thanks Izu," Valkyr smiled softly at him. "When I first started at this school, I only had the courage to come because Katsuki and you were here. Even though now I have more friends and feel more comfortable here, it's still weird to not have you guys here. Especially Katsuki."

"I know you and Kacchan are really close Valkyr," Midoirya said. "But you and I should hang out again some time. It's been a long time since we have." Valkyr nodded as Aizawa walked in. 

"I would like that Izu," Valkyr smiled as Midoirya took his seat. 

"Well not that Midoriya has returned," Aizawa said. "Let's formally talk about the internships. Come inside." he called to the door. Valkyr looked over curiously. "Let's hear firsthand from those with personal experience how these internships are different from field training." She watched as three students walked into the classroom. A tall smiling blonde, a blue haired female, and a shy looking black haired male. "They have made time in their busy schedules to come and talk to you all, so please listen to what they have to say. These three third years rank among the top of all U.A. students. They are known as the big three." Valkyr was very curious about the three. "Alright could you all give us a brief self introduction then? Starting with you Amajiki." The black haired male gave off an intense aura as he looked at the class. Everyone seemed to be fazed by it but it only made Valkyr curious. Then he began to speak but he wasn't talking to the class. 

"It's no good, Mirio, Hadou," Amajiki said. "No matter how hard I try to think of all of them as potatoes, everything except their heads just keeps it's human form and besides their heads I can only see them as humans!" Valkyr realized the male was nervous and socially awkward, just like she was. "What should I do....the words....they won't come out! My minds blank...it's so painful...' he bowed his head and then turned suddenly to the chalk board. He leaned his forehead against it. "I wanna go home!" The other two didn't seem to be fazed by his antics. It must be a common thing, but the look of guilt and shame on the boys face is what got to her. Suddenly Valkyr got up and walked up beside him. She stood next to him and leaned against the chalk board looking up at him. She knew what it was like to be nervous and feel shame over being so weak.

"It's alright to be nervous," Valkyr spoke softly. She gave him a gentle smile. "I still get nervous in front of lots of people too." She looked down with a frown. Amajiki looked down at her a but surprised she was there talking to him. "Because of my appearance or because of who I am or because I don't know a lot about the world.....but it's not anything to be ashamed of." She looked back up at him. "A great hero once told me, it's ok to be nervous. It's ok to be afraid. Everyone feels that way sometimes." All might had been the one to tell her that. The other two were watching her with amused expressions, especially the tall blonde. He found her quite intriguing. Valkyr held her hand out to him. "Come on. I'll help you." She gave him a comforting smile. Amajiki hesitated but then took her hand. She slowly turned him around and stood with him in front of the class. "If you get nervous just squeeze my hand and know I'm right here with you. My friends are nice and eager to learn from you. No one will judge you here." He looked at the class nervously. He squeezed her hand and she squeezed it back gently to reassure him. "Just talk to me. Look at me." He looked at her instead of the class. "My name is Valkyr Aizawa. It's great to meet you..?"