Ch 19: Studying for Exams

Valkyr cracked her neck as she was changing out of her hero costume. It had been a long day and they really worked them in Heroics today. She was on the other side from the girls, still not want people looking at her scars. She pulled on a spaghetti strap she wore under her uniform when she heard something. 

"Midoriya! I Made a freaking sick discovery." she heard but it sounded muffled. Midoriya? Is that coming from the boys locker room? she thought. She walked over towards the wall trying to listen to what was being said. The girls noticed her. Valkyr waved Jirou over who plugged a jack into the wall. Valkyr could still make out the muffled voice. "Yaoyorozu's Honkers! Ashido's figure. Hagakure's floating panties. Uraraka's bright beautiful body. Valkyr's glorious curves. And can't forget Asui's surprise Tataaaaaaaaaahhhh." The voice ended in a scream as Valkyr noticed Jirou stuck her other jack through the hole and poked him in the eye. Valkyr was blushing as she went back to finish getting dressed. 

Valkyr walked out of the locker room and saw Katsuki and Kirishima. "I hope you kicked his ass." she said softly still embarrassed. 

"Thoroughly," Katsuki growled.  Valkyr nodded and walked with them. "Val, about the other day."

"If you are talking about what happened with Setsu," Valkyr said. "I would rather not discuss it. I said what I said and I meant it."

"Val," Kirishima said. "Something about you has changed. In heroics, your no longer timid or nervous with training." Valkyr sighed heavily. 

"The only way any of you are going to realize you are all to good for me is if I stop holding back," Valkyr said. She was a couple steps ahead of them so her back was to them. "I will let you see the power and monster I was trained to be. That way you all will move on and stop fighting over me." 

Her arm was grabbed. Then she was spun around and pinned to the wall. Katsuki stood in front of her growling. "What king of bullshit is that? Huh? Valkyr? You are not a fucking monster and I don't care what that fucking bastard trained you to do. I will never leave you." Valkyr looked at him with a face of indifference but he knew better. Her eyes showed all the pain and fear. He could see her biting the inside of her lip trying to contain it all. He stroked her face gently and leaned in to whisper in her ear. "You are the only one for me. I love you no matter what you stupid girl." He felt her body begin to shake and then she clung to him. He wrapped his arms around her. She hid her face into his neck but she wasn't crying. 

All Kirishima could do was watch. He had wanted to be the one to grab her and tell her that but he hadn't been fast enough. He hesitated a second to long and Katsuki didn't. He watched as the girl he loved clung to another guy. It was painful. He felt like he failed her because he hesitated. Which made it even more painful. 

The next day Shouta was talking about summer break and the Summer camp they would be going to. Everyone was excited but Valkyr was unsure. She had never been to one and she always hated new places. She glanced over at Katsuki before looking down. He had stayed with her last night just talking with her. It was nice. It was like how they were before all this stuff with the other boys began. Kirishima had gone home and she knew he was sad. She felt like it was her fault. After saying what she did, he hadn't spoke much to her. 

Shouta began talking about final exams coming up before summer vacation and if anyone failed they would not be allowed to go to the summer camp, but would be forced to take remedial classes the entire time. Now she had a dilemma. Pass the exam easily and go somewhere new with her friends or purposely fail to stay somewhere familiar and safe. 

Everyone was freaking out because the exams were only a week away. 

"I haven't studied at all!" Kaminari yelled out. Valkyr glanced over before turning back to Katsuki and Kirishima.