Ch 39: Out On Patrol

Valkyr stood with Togata, and they were waiting on Midoirya. They had put on their hero outfits and were waiting for their first day assignments. She was scaled over, except for her hands and face. Helmet in place but she didn't have her tail or wings out. She didn't need something extra to attract attention to her appearance. 

"You look even more impressive in your hero outfit, Valkyr," Togata said. Valkyr smiled up at him. 

"Thank you, Mirio-senpai," Valkyr said. Togata chuckled 

"Just Mirio is fine. And I see we have switched to my first name now," Togata smiled. 

"Oh sorry," Valkyr said. "I was talking with Tama before and thats what he calls you. My good friend, Eiji is interning with him."

"It's quite alright, Valkyr," Togata smiled. "Though when we are on the job it's probably best to call me Lumillion."

"Is that your hero name?" Valkyr asked curiously. 

"Yes," Togata said. "It may not be all, but I aim to save a million people."

"That's a lot," Valkyr smiled. "My hero name is Obsidian."

"A truly fitting name," Togata smiled. "An iridescent stone that is made from the harshest conditions but comes out beautiful and strong." Valkyr smiled. She turned as she saw Midoirya walking up fixing his hero costume. 

"All ready for our first day Izu?" Valkyr asked. 

"I am," Midoriya smiled at her. He was glad to have her on the same team as him for the internship. With neither Bakugou or Todoroki getting their provisional license, he had hoped she would end up with him or even Kirishima. He knew Bakugou had similar feelings. He would have been super worried if she ended up with some pro-hero on her own. 

"Before we start," Valkyr said. "Would you two mind taking a picture with me? To remember our first day?" She smiled up at them shyly holding her phone. 

"Of course!" Togata grinned. 

"Sure Valkyr," Midoirya said. 

"I can take it for you guys," Bubble girl said. "Let's do it real quick before Sir shows up and hands out assignments." She took Valkyrs phone and the three got in position. Valkyr in the middle with her arm over Midoirya's shoulders and around Mirio's back. Mirio put his arm around her shoulders and Midoriya shyly put his arm around her back. They all smiled at the camera.  "Alright....1....2...say heros!"

"Heros!" They all chimed as Bubble Girl snapped the photo. Valkyr hurried over to look at the picture and smiled. She quickly sent the photo to Aizawa, Hizashi, and of course Bakugou with the caption, First Day as a intern hero. 

"What's going on here?" Sir Nighteye asked walking up behind her. He glanced over her hero outfit a bit impressed, but didn't show it. 

"I was just getting a picture taken of the three of us," Valkyr smiled. "So Izu and I could remember our first day here." Sir looked down at her and slowly his lips twitched into a very small smile. Something was just contagious about her smile. It was something that intrigued him about her. Her ability to smile so brightly and be so happy after the circumstances surrounding her childhood. 

"Well time for frivolities are over," Sir said. "You're on the clock now." 

"Yes sir," Valkyr said and moved over to stand next to the boys. She put her phone away to focus on Sir. 

"Today is patrol and surveillance," Sir Nighteye said. "We'll split into teams. Bubble Girl and Myself. Valkyr, Mirio, and Midoriya."

"Surveillance?" Midoirya asked.