This isnt a zombie movie

Chapter 3
The door chimed as he cautiously entered the store, the sound echoing until the door closed behind him. The place was empty, despite the sign on the front saying it was open.

George walked further into the store, looking around as he did. He looked into the glass displays at all the jewellery. A variety of intricately designed necklaces, rings, bracelets and earrings. Each created with such precision, and some even having sparkling gems embedded within.

"George! So good to see you again." A voice interrupted George's thoughts.

"Hi Mr Phil." George said with a friendly smile.

"What's brought you back here?" The man asked.

George pulled the bracelet out of his pocket. The one with the jewel that gave the woman powers. He handed it to the owner of the store, who held it up close to his eye.

"Do you know what gem it is?" George asked. Phil nodded.

"It's quartz, I'm sure." He said, twisting the bracelet in his hands, then looked back up at George curiously. "Where do you keep getting these pieces of jewellery from?" He asked.

Every supervillain George has fought, he has tried to keep their gem. He's missed a few, and lost some others. But they intrigued George. He didn't understand how they could hold so much power.

Since he's no expert, and there are many gems in the world, plus he's colourblind, George has been visiting Phil, a jeweller so he can identify them.

"I inherited some jewellery from a deceased family member, and I'm curious about their wealth, so i can maybe sell them." George said, trying not to sound rehearsed.

"Oh, well why don't you bring them all in at once?" Phil asked, placing the bracelet delicately on the table.

"It's a lot to sort through, and I didn't want to overwhelm you with it, you have other things to do. Plus, I like visiting your store from time to time." George said. Phil looked at him curiously again.

"Do you mind if I can buy a box for this one too?" George asked. Phil nodded.

"I'll go find one for it, I'll be right back." Phil said, carefully picking up the bracelet and walking out the back. George returned to looking at the jewellery.

He doesn't wear many accessories, the only thing being his pendant which he never takes off. The rings caught his eye. Dream has a ring. It's a shame they didn't get to pick the accessory the jewel is embedded in. George would have much preferred a simple ring. It's more stylish.

"Will this do?" Phil asked, returning with a small box in his hand. George took it and opened it, the sparkle of the quartz meeting his eye as soon as he opened it. He closed it again, noticing how it was the same box George has for the other jewels, a delicate carving on the lid and a small metal clasp to lock it.

"It's perfect, thanks again Mr Phil." George said, taking out his money and passing it over to Phil.

"It's on me." Phil said, pushing the cash back towards George.

"No, please take it. It's the least I can do for you always helping me." George insisted. Phil sighed, but took the money.

"I'm guessing I'll see you again? With a new piece of jewellery." Phil said with a smile. George chuckled slightly nervously.

"Most likely. Thanks for your help Mr Phil." He said.

"No problem, now I'm sure you have school, so best be off." He ushered George out of the store. George gave him a friendly wave before walking away.