Are you GNotFound?

Chapter 43

George didn't sleep all night. It didn't help that it sounded like there was an animal on his roof walking around the entire time. He just decided to study most of the night since he's been slack on school work.

He was not looking forward to school. On the news, no one knew who the boy at the top of the tower was because his face was never shown. But all of his friends knew. And there was a high chance people saw him be attacked and taken out of the school by the villain. Plus, news spreads like fire. He would be more shocked if people didn't know.

He took a deep breath as he put on his shoes. It's fine. Because Violet was also personally attacked, and it wasn't even that huge of a deal, just a thing that happened. Clay had been on the news at the ceremony too, and then there was the whole theme park inside. Kids get hurt all the time. He's just another teenager that got attacked by a villain. It shouldn't be too big of a deal if people don't know he's specifically being targeted.

"Is Clay walking you to school again?" Lorna asked when he walked downstairs.

"I don't know. He hasn't said anything, or messaged. He might think I'm not coming to school today." He said.

"Well, even I would prefer you didn't. Your tongue is still healing and I hate the thought of another attack happening."

"Mom, it was a fluke. I'm fine now. My tongue is fine, I will rinse again after lunch." He said. To be fair, his tongue did still hurt like a bitch, but there wasn't much he could do.

"Alright. Well, would you like a lift today?" She asked. George shook his head.

"I want to walk, for fresh air. Is that ok? And after school Nick is having a few friends over. If it's ok if I go? I know you and Dad only just ungrounded me yesterday." He obviously lied.

"Yes, that's fine. You can hang out with your friends. But remember our compromise? You aren't grounded, but your curfew is 9." Lorna says. George nodded as she grabbed the keys and called for Lexi.

"I know. I'll be home by 9 each day." He said.

"Alright. Have a good day, George. If you need to leave early, let me know and I'll come get you." She said, kissing him on the top of his head as Lexi entered the room.

After his Mother and sister left, George finished getting ready and locked up the house before beginning his walk. He was a bit sad that Clay wasn't with him, but also relieved at the same time.

He heard a sound come from his house though, and he quickly looked back. The sound came from the roof, and when he looked up, his eyes widened.

Dream was lying down on the roof, clearly asleep. George quickly ran back to his yard.

"Dream!" He whisper-yelled. The superhero didn't make a noise. George grabbed a rock and threw it onto the roof, hoping it would hit the hero.

When Dream groaned and rolled over, he opened his eyes and peered over the edge of the roof, to the front yard.

"What?" He mumbled.

"Why the fuck are you on my roof!" George said. It seems like Dream finally, properly woke up and he quickly sat up and then jumped down off the roof.

"Shit, what's the time." He asked, dusting himself off.

"I don't know. Like 8?"

"Shit." Dream said, running his hands through his blonde hair.

"What the hell are you doing here? I told you to leave." George said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I... I was keeping watch." Dream said, still slightly drowsy.