When you fell from heaven

Chapter 19

"What... the fuck." Clay said.

"Huh?" He heard a small voice and turned to see George and Tommy standing there, watching Clay and Violet talk.

George bit his lip and looked away, Tommy's jaw dropped and his face scrunched in anger.

"Say that again, Clay." Tommy said.

Clay looked between them and Violet, then his eyes widened as he realised what that sounded like.

"What, no I wasn't talking about-"

"She told you George was gay... and your response was 'what the fuck'." Tommy said, stepping closer to Clay. He was tall, for a sophomore, but Clay was still taller.

Clay looked over his shoulder and saw George fiddling with his fingers. Clay looked at Violet, and pulled his hand away from her.

"I said what the fuck to her. I can't believe she told me, when I specifically said I wanted George to tell me what the rumour was. I can't believe you fucking said that, Violet." Clay said, glaring at her. She just pouted.

Clay turned to George, moving around Tommy who was still braced with anger.

"George, I don't care what your sexuality is. I'm sorry it got out, that's horrible. I swear I was talking to Violet when I said that." Clay said, desperately trying to explain himself. George looked up.

"It's ok, I believe you." He said. Clay sighed in relief, and walked closer to him. "Can I give you a hug?" He asked. George looked unsure, but then nodded.

Clay took the last step and pulled George into a hug, wrapping his arms around his shoulders and holding him close. George hesitantly put his arms around Clay's middle, his palms pressing against his back. George rested his head against Clay's chest, taking a deep breath as he melted into the touch.

"I'm so sorry you were outed. It's completely unfair." Clay said softly. George shrugged.

"Its fine. I came out to my parents last night. I'm just glad I got to tell them myself. And if they are ok with it, I don't care who else knows." George said. Clay hugged George tighter, if it was even possible.

"That's awesome, George. I'm so happy your family accepts you. They seem like really nice people." Clay said, recalling his brief interactions with both George's mom and sister.

He couldn't help but envy his friend. He envied his supportive family.

George suddenly felt awkward in the hug, and pulled away.

"Yeah. Anyways, I'm kind of hungry, can we go eat?" George said to Clay and Tommy, who was watching the seniors' interaction with a smirk.

Clay turned to Violet, who was watching to the side.

"What the hell is wrong with you." He said.

"What? You were going to find out anyway, why is it a big deal?" She said. Clay shook his head in anger, and grabbed George's hand and started leading him away, gesturing for Tommy to follow. I can't believe she said those things.

Clay was seething in anger as they walked, and didn't realise he was still holding George's hand.

"Can you give Gogy his hand back, he looks like he's in pain." Tommy said. Clay looked down and realised he was squeezing a bit tight. George also looked a bit red, looking away. Clay let go.

"Oh, sorry George. I didn't realise I grabbed your hand." Clay said.

"All good." George mumbled, avoiding eye contact.