It doesn't feel good to not have a voice

TW// r slur (censored)

Chapter 25

"I swear I heard noises downstairs last night." Lexi said in the drive to school.

"That was George." Lorna said, glancing at her son who had his head rested against the window, his eyes half closed.

"What?" He mumbled.

"He was sleep-walking. Going to the kitchen and just sitting at the bench, writing like he had a pen in his hand and paper in front of him. It was quite creepy actually." Lorna said. George lifted his head.

"I did?"

"Yes. I just directed you back to my room, making you go back to sleep where I could watch you. You didn't sleep-walk again though, just tossed a lot and woke up a bunch."

"I remember waking up a ton, and being confused why I wasn't in my-" His yawned interrupted him.

"Is it the medication's fault?" Lexi asked.

"Yes. He didn't have the complete dose but I bet he's tired now because of the restless sleep." Lorna said.

"I'm not that tired." He said, as they pulled up.

"Sure. Be gentle on your ankle ok?" She said. George nodded and left the car with Lexi.

"George!" He heard Nick's voice, and an arm around his shoulders. He barely stepped two feet away from the car.

"Hey."

"My god, you look like a mess. Why haven't I heard from you in ages?" Nick said.

"Long story." George mumbled, letting his friend lead him inside. He was limping slightly, but Nick didn't seem to worry too much about his friend's ankle, more excited to finally talk with George after the weekend of his friend basically ghosting him and yesterday when he went home early.

"Ok, so how the hell did you fall down the stairs?" He asked George, when they reached their usual spot near the lockers.

"Tripped. It was fine but I made it worse, so we went to the ER where they gave me this ankle brace." George said, but it couldn't be seen under his sock. It peeked out the top and made it look slightly thicker, but you couldn't tell too much aside from the limping.

"Man. You are clumsy."

"Yeah. Anyways, then the doctor sent me to a sleep psychologist and I got prescribed meds for chronic insomnia." George said with his thumbs up. Nick's cheerful face turned to concern.

"You actually have insomnia? Like for real?" George nodded. "Wow. I'm sorry, I never realised how bad it was. Did the meds help?" He asked.

"Well, I took half a dose last night because I was anxious about it. It made me sleepwalk and didn't really help. So I don't know yet." George said.

"Maybe try the full dose tonight. It could help." Nick said. It was weird seeing him being serious. George shrugged.

"Yeah. Maybe." George said.

"Now to the most important thing." Nick said, and George rolled his eyes subtly, knowing what he was going to bring up now. "The Tv interview. You still haven't seen it?" He asked.

"No, I haven't." George said.

"Oh. My. God. It went awful. It was so cool seeing them both like talk about their powers and stuff. But the interview lady made it so awkward, asking about their relationship statuses. GNotFound got really mad, rightfully so, and they both left the set. The show then changed to a different topic, something about someone new who wants to run for mayor." Nick said. George cringed.