Is he the boy you like?

Chapter 37

George woke up at midnight, extremely confused and drowsy. His memories were foggy from the day, trying to piece together what happened and how he got home.

He did have a text message though the next morning, from Phil.

L
D wanted to see us both to tell
us something. You free later today
at usual place?

George
Sure. Send me the time I should
get there

George sighed. He figured Dream must be finally telling them about the possible target on George's back. To be fair, nothing has happened yet. George wasn't targeted in the villain fight yesterday, he didn't think. He thought the Blade would use the opportunity to attack when he was unconscious. But maybe he didn't think Dream cared for George enough.

Because maybe Dream didn't really care.

"That doesn't mean I won't come save you."

The faint memory from last night came back his head, making George extra confused. He thought it was a dream that he had visited. But that kiss on the forehead felt too soft and gentle to be fake.

Did Dream actually take him home?

There was a knock at the front door, which snapped him out of his thoughts as he sat in the living room.

"George, can you get that!" His mother yelled from upstairs. He responded, and walked to the door, opening it while wiping his eyes.

"Hi George!" A cheery voice frightened him, and he jumped back slightly as he looked up.

Clay was standing there with a smile on his face and his bag slung over one shoulder, holding a brown paper bag in the other.

"Clay?" George asked in confusion, looking back inside at the clock on the wall to make sure that yes, it was still 7:45am in the morning. "What... what are you doing here? How did you get here?" He asked. He noticed Clay's eye looked a little better, still bruised but less swollen. The bandage on his cheek was still the same.

"I wanted to walk to school with you! I get dropped off early anyways so I asked if I get dropped off here." Clay said. George blinked.

"But... why? Why do you want to walk with me?" He asked. Clay shrugged.

"I don't know. We have our first class together anyways, and I have extra energy. Plus I was super worried about you yesterday. You hung up the phone and I didn't here from you until midnight." Clay said.

George had woken up to see some texts from Clay.

"I'm fine. To be honest, I have no clue what happened." George said.

"You don't remember anything?"

"Well, I was put to sleep, so no. I have some weird memories of getting home somehow, but to be honest, I think I was dreaming." George chuckled.

"Why?" He persisted.

"I swear Dream brought me home and put me in bed." George said with a laugh. It was so foggy that he had no clue if he was recalling a different time, last night, or made it up completely.