Super

Chapter 60

"Something's wrong with me." George said, poking the beanbag.

"Well, you're injured." Puffy responded, watching the boy carefully. "Of course there's some things wrong, but you'll get better."

"No." George shook his head. "I mean I still can't sleep. I don't get it, half my problems are gone, I literally have no other commitments. I have so much free time." George swallowed and looked down. "Everyone thinks my sleep is fixed."

"Still the insomnia? You know it's not just going to magically go away." Puffy said. George shrugged.

"I don't know why I thought it would. Blade's in jail, I can't even transform if I wanted too. I have the time, and I'm so exhausted, and injured. But no. I can't sleep unless Clay is with me, and even then, the sleep isn't good, I wake up constantly." George sighed. "And Clay says I say Mask on in my sleep now."

"Can you think of why your sleep is bad?" Puffy asked.

"Nightmares. Still." George said softly. "They won't go away."

"And they probably won't for a while." Puffy leaned back, watching him. "Have you taken your sleep meds?"

"No. But, ok, listen." George saw her narrowed eyes. "I was in a small coma. And my brain and body is all broken, I'm worried they would put me to sleep, and I'd never wake up." He said.

"Did you Doctor say if they were ok to take?" Puffy asked.

George chewed on his lip and nodded.

"You've been through so much for someone your age, George. I can see why you have nightmares, and have trouble sleeping. Just because some of your problems are solved, even if every single thing was, your body needs time to catch up. And your mind needs time to rest. You need to sleep." Puffy said.

"I know." He said softly.

"Don't you wonder why you can't transform?" She then asked, and George looked down at his chest, seeing the small lump for his Sapphire.

"Of course, but I think I'm just broken." He said.

"Or you just need to recover." She said, a small smile.

"I am recovering. But it's taking forever. I swear I haven't improved." He put his hands out, the shakiness evident. "Mask on." He said again.

Nothing happened.

"Do you know what the number one best thing for recovery is?" Puffy asked.

George pursed his lips, tapping his fingers on his knee.

"Don't make me say it." He muttered.

"But you know what it is?" She asked gently. "I know you have your fears and anxieties, but you have to push through. You said you can sleep a bit with Clay. Let him help you. Tell him about your issues." She said.

"He has so much going on too. We have the trial tomorrow, school is back on Monday and we have exams in a week." George said.

"How upset would he be if he found out you didn't tell him you were struggling too?" Puffy said, and George nodded.