A thing for danger

Chapter 6

George stretched and yawned as he woke up, rolling over onto his stomach and face planting into his pillow. His muscles ached and his brain hurt but for some reason, his body naturally woke him up at 8am on a saturday.

Not that he had good sleep to begin with. He fell asleep around 3am, trying to catch up on the schoolwork he had missed that week. Why he naturally woke up five hours layers was unknown.

George groaned and rolled over again, grabbing his phone from his bedside table. He saw a bunch of messages from Nick and an unknown number, so he clicked on them.

He had been added to a group chat, and by process of elimination, figured out the unknown number was Clay. George immediately sat up, clutching the phone with two hands, and a massive smile on his.

I got Clay's number.

He named the unknown number and then read the last few texts.

Pandas
George is probably sleeping, he likes to sleep in on weekends.

Clay
Fair enough, it is Saturday.

George
Hi

Hi? I sent Hi? Lame, so lame. Clay is going to think I'm so lame. George thought, facepalming against his phone and almost sending a keyboard smash.

Pandas
Gogy!

Clay
Gogy?

Pandas
It's a nickname we sometimes call George.

George
I think you overdo the nickname, pandas

Clay
Pandas?

George
An inside joke from a few years ago.

Pandas
Gogy has stuck more than pandas. The only people who call me Pandas is George and Darryl

Clay
Oh I see.

Pandas
Anyways, why are you up so early George? I swear you never get any sleep, you're supposed to sleep in on weekends

George
I don't know, my stupid body naturally woke me up now

Pandas
Well, Mom told me we can't do the experiment today. Mr Peterson is still in custody or something. And we can't be in the school unsupervised or something

Clay
Oh

George
Our data is gonna be so whack

Pandas
Hey! I have a good idea! Do you guys wanna play minecraft?

Clay
Oh yeah, I'm down!

George cursed his friend. Nick knew George hasn't played minecraft in ages. George was hoping it wouldn't come up again.

Pandas
It'll be fun, right George? :)

George
Yeah

"Fuck you, Nick." George muttered, and got out of bed. He sat down instead at his desk and turned on his computer.

Clay
I have a realm we can play on, I'll invite you both. Send me your usernames

Pandas
PandasCanPvp

George began to panic. He opened up minecraft, which he hadn't touched in several years. He clicked on his profile and saw his username. GeorgeNotFound. Well, he can't use that. That was back when he played by himself on servers. He didn't even play with Nick then, who didn't download minecraft until freshman year.