Have been strong for so long

Chapter 59

George gritted his teeth the second he felt Clay's hands on his waist.

"You're doing great George." The nurse said, as he took a slow step forward, leaning on the forearm crutches. Clay's hands followed beside him.

"You're a pro." Clay smiled, and George looked away, jaw ticking.

He had to walk from one side of the room to the other using his new forearm crutches. Both his legs were weak, all his muscles in his body were. And apparently one of his feet is much worse than the other. They did an x-ray and the Doctors were confused about its healing process. Apparently it had looked like there were multiple breaks, but the foot had partially healed itself.

The worst issue he has is the shaking. His hands haven't stopped shaking since he woke up a few days ago. Even now, they were making the crutches wobble slightly.

"Ok, Clay can you move away for a little bit? Need to see how George can do without the stabilisation." The nurse said.

Clay reluctantly stepped back, after helping George turn around from the wall.

"What if he falls?" Clay asked, as George took a step forward. He had to stop himself from scoffing at that. "He has a slight concussion, right?" Bullshit, George thinks he's fine. He doesn't even remember hitting his head at any point in the fight.

"He shouldn't fall, that's the point of the crutches. But we are all here if anything does happen."

He walked back across the room, a little extra shaky now Clay wasn't helping him stabilise. But he thought he was doing perfectly fine.

"He's so shaky and weak. What if he had a wheelchair? I would personally wheel him everywhere if he could get it." Clay said, still watching George as he spoke to the nurse and Lorna.

George stopped, stood up straight and pulled both the forearm crutches off his arms, dropping them to the floor, and walking towards the door.

"George." Clay rushed forward, grabbing him again.

George just shoved the boy away, and continued limping towards the door.

"I can fucking walk myself." He seethed, slamming open the door and leaving the room. He had literally ran out of his room down the hall right after he woke up after the three days unconscious. He's fine. Sure, the Doctors said something about adrenaline but if he managed to run then, he can most certainly walk now.

His right foot was sending shooting pains up his leg, and both limbs were trembling from the weight now on them, but he just gritted his teeth and walked back towards his room.

"George, stop." Clay ran in front of him, putting his hands on his arms to stop him. "You can walk but not for long. They are to help you so you don't have a fall or get really exhausted." Clay said.

"I'm not weak, Clay." George bit back, trying to pull backwards from Clay, but he didn't have enough strength compared to the grip on his biceps.

"Your muscles are." Clay looked beyond George at the Nurse and Lorna who had followed.

"We can take a break. I think it's nearly lunch now anyways, why don't we go back to your room, George." The nurse said, walking over while carrying a folded wheelchair.

"I don't need that. I can walk to the room." He scoffed, eyeing the chair.

"It's just standards that we wheel you back, can't have an accident in the hallways, can we?" She said, smiling. She was perfectly kind, but George was at his limit.