Medal of Valor

wattpad, please fix your app :)
(can't comment if you're early, but oh well)

Chapter 13

"GNotFound, where is Dream?" Some random man in a uniform said, walking over to George who had just arrived at the ceremony.

Right in the city centre was a massive, tall podium, and a piazza for people to gather. This was where the mayor did big announcements that he couldn't do from his office. And this was where the heroes ceremony was.

George arrived a few moments ago, going up onto the podium via the stairs at the back that had a crazy amount of security. The moment he was seen on the stage, the entire crowd noticed and applauded, and he gave them a small smile and wave, before some workers pulled him towards the back of the podium to debrief him.

George barely had enough time to register what was going on, before he was confronted by this guy who clearly looked like he was in charge of the event.

"I don't know, I just got here." George said calmly.

"Well, can you contact him?" The man asked. He looked stressed, and was tapping his foot.

George hadn't seen Dream anywhere. He just prayed that he had remembered the event and would show up.

"We don't know each other in real life, I can't just call him." George said, rolling his eyes. Thank god no one could see his attitude.

George looked behind the man, and saw the Block family standing to one side of the stage. The mayor was there, standing next to a young girl and boy. He instantly recognised Clay, and his sister Drista. Drista was smiling at George, but Clay was just staring.

The Mayor brushed down his blazer, before walking over to George.

"GNotFound." He said. George nodded.

"Good evening sir." He replied. It seemed like they were going to put their differences aside for the ceremony.

"I'd like for you to meet my children." The mayor said, gesturing for Clay and Drista to come over. Drista skipped over happily, and Clay followed.

"This is my daughter, Drista." He said, and Drista held out her hand to George.

"Hi GNotFound." She said excitably. George chuckled, shaking her hand.

"Hi, it's lovely to meet you." He said.

"Oh my gosh, I'm shaking hands with GNotFound." She said, making George laugh even more. But he saw her glance at her father, and her smile fell, letting go of George's hand and taking a small step back.

"And this is my son Clay." The mayor said. George and Clay looked at each other for a moment.

George cleared his throat and held out his hand, and Clay tore his eyes away from George's goggles, looking at his hand. He reached out and shook it.

"H-hi." Clay said.

"Hi." George smiled. This was bizarre. He was being introduced to his friend, his crush. And Clay had no clue that they knew each other.

"Where is Dream?" The Mayor asked, and George and Clay let go of each other's hands. George swallowed.

"I'm don't know, sir. I'm sure he will come soon though." George said. Clay ran another hand through his hair.

"Father, can I please-"

"No, Clay. I already told you this is important. I don't care if you have a test tomorrow, you should have studied already." Mayor Block said. Clay made a sound of frustration, a groan, and his hands turned to fists.