There's too much to do

Chapter 45

George looked down as dark liquid slowly dripping onto his feet, staining them a deep red. The flow was steady, and he was so mesmerised by the dripping, he hadn't even considered where it was coming from.

"Help!" A voice called, and George looked back up. There was the Blade, right in front of him, holding a boy by his ankle, dangling him over the edge of a building.

George's vision blurred, and he wiped his eyes, pushing blood out of them. It was his head that was bleeding.

"Help me!" The boy called, and George looked back up at him.

It was Clay. Innocent Clay, dangling a hundred feet the air, his dirty blonde hair blowing beneath his head.

"Your Sapphire, George." The Blade said, a hand out with an evil smile.

George's eyes went wide, and he clutched the bright pendent that was against his chest. But he was wearing his super suit.

"I... how did you..." George stammered. How the Blade figure out his name?

"George please do something for once! Do your one fucking job!" Clay yelled, red faced and gritted teeth, still being dangled over the edge.

"You have three seconds George." The Blade laughed. George looked around. He didn't have his bow.

"Come on, George. Aren't you going to do something?" A new voice taunted him, and he turned to see Dream, resting against a wall, watching the scene occur.

"Wh-what." George stared at him.

"I can't believe it was you the whole time. How did I ever think I was in love with you?" Dream snorted. "Pity it's just useless fucking George." Dream continued.

George put his hands on his head, not feeling his goggles. He was transformed, but no goggles.

"George! You're fucking useless! You're just going to sit there and let me die? The boy you're in love with?" Clay said, with an angry pout. "I'll forgive you for harassing me and trying to manipulate me into liking you, if you save my life."

"Clay." George choked back a sob.

"What's it going to be, George? You're Sapphire? Or he dies?"

"But... I... what?" George couldn't even see properly, the blood was covering his face and he wanted to choke.

"Fine. The Mayor's son dies." The Blade said, and let go.

"No!" George screamed, running to the edge. Clay plummeted to the ground, and just before he could jump off after him, Dream grabbed his arm and stopped him.

"Ah, look. You've killed him." Dream laughed.

"No! Please!" George screamed.

"George!" Clay called out to him.

"No! No! Please! Let me go!" George struggled against the grip. He could hear Blade's laughing echoing in his ears, hear Clay's screams for help, and Dream's wheezing in his ear. And he could barely see anything, just blood.

"George!"

"No! NO!" George screamed.

"GEORGE!"

He sat up abruptly, hitting his head on something in the process. He couldn't breathe, it felt like he was choking on blood.

"Fuck!" A voice said, and through his teary vision, he saw a boy standing in front of him, holding their forehead.

"George. Look at me. You're ok." A calmer voice said, someone else kneeling in front of him.

"Clay." George croaked out, seeing the dirty blonde kneeling in front of him, firmly on the ground, no malice in his eyes, only concern.