Chapter 24:

''Look, we won't know if we never try. They said they have a cure. The guy in the white suit told us that they have a cure. You wanted to know why we're here and I told you. Everything I told you is the truth. Obviously we don't know all the details but why not at least try? I care about is surviving one more day. Help us get there and maybe you can get it, too. Obviously I don't know that at all but-. ''

''Fair enough.'' Jorge said and Thomas got excited but he tried to hide it.

"What's the plan?'' Newt asked.

"I'm not taking all these people out there with me. With us. But Brenda and I will escort these moochers to the stash, let 'em eat up. Then we'll all meet on the Tower, let's say one hour from now." Jorge pointed at one girl, a pretty, older teenager with long hair.

"Why just you and Brenda?" A guy looked old but tough, veined muscles stretching the sleeves of his shirt from the pack of Cranks asked and Jorge gave him a look.

''Fine'' He waved his arm in a "follow me" gesture and soon every last Crank left the room.

The girl -Brenda- stepped in front of Thomas.

"You the leader?" Thomas shook his head. "No-this guy is'' He half-turned around pointed at Minho.

Brenda looked over at Minho, then back at Thomas.

''Too bad. You seem like the leader type." The girl leaned forward and kissed Thomas on the cheek.

Newt and Minho exchange looks.

''If only Alex was here, she would put an arrow between her eyes.'' Minho said.

''Nah she's not like that....'' Newt replied.

"I like you," Brenda said. ''Thanks God Jorge didn't kill ya' ''

''Oh bloody hell'' Newt said. ''Maybe you're right''