Chapter 40:

''You're working with them!'' Alex snarled as she began walking slowly towards Aris.

''Alex, just calm down,'' Thomas said warningly, ''Why don't you tell us what's wrong?"

Everyone one else exchanged glances before staring at Aris.

But suddenly Aris lunges forward, revealing a knife he'd held behind his back and wrapped his right forearm around Thomas's neck, attempting to put him in a chokehold.

 "Listen up!" He called out as he stepped away, as he holds on to Thomas. "We're leaving now. Don't follow us, you'll be fine. Follow us, you'll be dead.''

Instinctively, Alex reached for him.

''Uh uh'' He warned pressing the knife harder.

''We wouldn't want anything happening to your boyfriend, now would we?'' He said trying to intimidate her and smirks just a little when she breathes out a curse.

''What the bloody-'' Newt spoke first.

"No way!" Minho yelled. "You're not taking him anywhere."

''He is working for WICKED. Aris has given everything he has to WICKED's. He is a pawn in their little game. He is going to kill Thomas'' Alex explained. 

''I'm just trying to do what you couldn't do! Last time I checked you were supposed to kill him but since you didn't i had to take your place. Everything was going according to the plan and I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU! ''

''I'm not the monster they want me to be'' She took a step forward toward him, but Newt held out a hand to stop her.

Alex just couldn't bear the thought of her killing the one she loves.

"You are weak. You're pathetic" Aris spat through his teeth.

Alex said nothing, but if looks could kill, he would have been dead already.

''Hey!'' Newt spoke as he reached out and walked up to him trying persuasively to reason with him. ''Don't do this...''

"I meant what I said!" He yelled.

Thomas looks straight at Alex and nodded, letting her know it was okay.

''Well 'll find you...'' she mouthed to him. 

Hope you enjoyed the little plot-twist at the end there! I'm sorry for those who like Aris but I had to do it! 

I don't know if I'll be able to update anytime soon after this chapter, however,  I'll do my very best to make time for this and get it done.