Chapter 14:

Thomas didn’t know where to begin. The display, then gone completely in a matter of minutes, Alex’s voice, the dreams, the figure at the end of the hallway, the tattoo and a stranger that appeared out of nowhere. And worst of all, having the Flare disease…

He walked over to the sink placing them on the side of it. He looked at the mirror seeing Newt who was leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed.

 “Tommy,” Newt said as Thomas turned back to the mirror ‘’ we need to get organized, get things back together. Act like we did in the bloody Glade. Things are obviously going to change tomorrow and we need be ready to face it.”

At six o' clock every Glader were holding packs out of bed sheets for carrying the food and bags filled with water and tied off with material ripped from the curtains.

The invisible shield had reappeared.  It turned opaque again, fogging to a splotchy white. —a large section of it had transformed into a flat, shimmering surface of gray.

Aris was standing right next to Thomas, and spoke for the first time since … well, the last time he’d heard his voice. 

‘’What do you think we’re going to find out there?’’

‘’I don’t know’’ he let out a sigh and stepped into the Flat Tran.