Chapter 1:

He was covered in sweat and gripping his bed sheets until his knuckles went white.

 ‘’Stay with me, Alex! Alex! C'mon, its okay, you are going to be okay! Please...’’ His voice insistent, as he pressed the palm of his hand on her wound to try and stop the bleeding.

His cries increased as he started thrashing around on the bed, sweat pouring down.

‘’Stay with me, Alex’’ Thomas started mumbling out loud.  

He’s had this dream a thousand times since it’s happened.

‘’Alex?’’ Thomas whimpered as Alex went limp in his arms. Blood stained his hands as he choked up a gasp and waited for a little bit of wind to come out of her nose, but she didn't move.

‘’NO!’’ Thomas yelled out. He woke up violently, breathing hard as he sat up from his bed.

Thomas knew those images would never leave—Alex, shot in the stomach, bleeding, dying as Thomas held her.

She was gone.

It’ll go away. Just takes a little time, that’s all.  He told himself. It'll go away

 A hand slammed down on Thomas’s shoulder from behind; he cried out and turned around to see Newt.

“Tommy,” Newt said “What’s bloody wrong with you?’’

“I’m fine’’ He wasn’t fine.

‘’You looked like you were in pain or something.”

 Thomas sighed, "I know. I'm sorry, I just...I keep having these dreams. Nightmares.’’

                                                            That was how it started.