Chapter 27:

The Underneath was a miserable place. The reeking smell coming from the surroundings made Thomas’s face crinkle in disgust. The walls were dull gray, with streaks of water trickling down the sides. And the only light available turned out to be sunlight, pouring down from jagged holes from the sides.

Out of nowhere, Brenda suddenly stopped walking and stood there, her eyes wide open and her light coming from her flashlight shining forward.

"Hey, why are we stop-‘’ He was almost five steps closer to her when he finally noticed. Soon after, he heard a faint muffled scream.  

“Should we check it out?” Thomas asked in a low voice.

“Check it out? Are you crazy?!?’’

“Let’s just—” She cut short her words when they heard a louder and more horrifying scream than last time.

 ‘’NO! LEAVE ME ALONE!’ HELP HELP!" a voice called in the distance. Thomas didn’t wait for Brenda and started to run towards the voice. Brenda followed suit and sprinted down the halls, the lights of her flashlight dancing crazily.

‘’Wait!’’

When they got to the middle of the tunnel, Thomas swore he saw a familiar face from across the room.

He saw that Alex was trying to pull herself out of the grasp of a men. A crank. And when he saw the guy's face his blood turned cold.

It looked like hair had been ripped from his scalp. His face had scars and sores everywhere. One eye was gone, a gummy red mass where it should have been. He also had no nose, and Thomas could actually see traces of the nasal passages in his skull.

"Hey! leave her alone!" he feared for her safety.

‘’Thomas!’’ Brenda yelled. ‘’What are you doing?!?’’

‘’She's pretty!’’ The man said in a voice that made Thomas shiver and Thomas gulped. The man lips turned slightly to grin and his eyes flickered with a mad glint. Brenda stood next to him, silent.

“Rose took my nose, I suppose. She has a pretty nose. I really want a nose again’’ He grabbed her nose and pulled her by it. Thomas angered by his actions yelled at him and stomped off towards  them, but stopped when he noticed that it was just a regular girl.

‘’No. It’s a trap’’ he whispered.