Chapter 21:

The Gladers remained silence as they continue their journey. No one said it, but everybody was thinking the same thing. They saw her bloody body. They saw her dying in Thomas arms. So how is she alive?

Thomas pushed aside all those thoughts away and continues walking. They were slowly running out of food and water. That wind was blowing stronger and the heat was getting unbearable, making their skin feel sticky.

They kept going; the city was so close now. But the sky above them turned gray; the sun vanishing. Black clouds ruled the sky.

A storm.

“Where’d this all come from!” Thomas yelled

‘’I don’t know but we need to find a place to--!’’ Newt was cut off when a bolt of pure white zigzagged from the sky and exploded right in front of them. When the dirt stopped swirling around him he saw it.

It was Jack. He lay on the ground, naked, with injuries covering his body.

‘’What the bloody hell is happening?’’

Another white light but this time to Thomas left, and he flinched away, covering his face.

‘’ We have to go. Now!’’ Minho yelled.

And they started running; going directly into a close building. Thomas was just a couple of steps ahead of him running side to side with Minho when another bolt of energy exploded.

MINHO!

Minho screamed as he fell to the ground. His clothes were now on fire and he was trying to extinguish them by rolling around the floor.

The fire went out and Newt and Thomas ran to their leader. They grabbed him at the arms, hoisting him up.

‘’Come on!’’

 The explosions continued and boys were falling, but they kept dragging Minho along with them.