Chapter 22:

They came crashing through the door carrying Minho by the shoulders, and crash to the ground when Thomas stumbles, losing his grip on him making Minho groan.

Thomas sat with one leg stretched out in front of him and the other bent up at the knee. After taking a couple shaky breaths he looked up to examine the inside of the abandoned building. The room had a lot of dirt, broken boards, and holes in the wall. He turned his head to the side and saw Newt. He lay with his back against the wall; eyes closed and head resting against the wall.

Another groan was heard and Thomas lowered his gaze to see Minho now curled up in a ball. The boy was covered in dirt and injuries. His clothes were blackened and in some places his skin was exposed.

“There’s only eleven of us,” Newt finally said.

“How’re we gonna’ fight our way through this with only eleven people? There could be hundreds of Cranks in this place!’’

“Then we’ll fight ’em!” Minho very slowly pushed himself up to a sitting position, grunting and wincing with every small move.

‘’Yeah, whatever… we better figure things out before a bunch of those Cranks show up.’’

''Too late.''

A voice said and suddenly a boy jumped down from one of the massive holes in the ceilings landing on both of his feet and slowly straightened up. Hewas a tall guy that looks like in his twenties or thirties and had the face of a young Hispanic.

  “My name is Jorge,” he said, “And I’m a Crank’’