Chapter 17:

Frypan started shouting. He was pointing at something.

It only took a second for Thomas to realize what.

Far ahead, a ghostly figure standing in the middle of the desert.

It was blurry, nearly surreal, Thomas’s breath caught up when it came into focus.

Alex.

The hot wind was blowing her hair back from her face, stirring the sand at her feet.

Taking one hand he slowly flipped the sheet off his head.

Alex?

Just then a gust of wind came from nowhere and stirred up the sand around him and the Gladers, getting into his eyes.

“You think that’s…’’ Newt started. 

‘’Alex…’’

‘’That’s impossible’’ Frypan stated.

He ran forward on instinct.

‘’Wait! Maybe it’s a trap or something.!’’

But he knew better.

When he was just a few feet from her, she turned around and went through an open door, disappearing inside a small building.

He walked through the door, realizing even as he did how stupid it might be. He saw her die. But he had to make sure if she was really dead.

Three steps in, he stopped.

She was at the end of the room with her back turned on him.

‘’Alex?’’

She turns to him; an emotionless expression on her face, the smile that used to light up her features was gone.

It was her.

It was Alex.

Alex is finally here, shanks!! I know it took a lot of time for her to appear but I hope you still like it!